• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasag

RTDAS
Quarters basically reported that Croad's future was under a cloud, and Dunstall called him out on it. Quarters had no explanation, so Dunstall swore at him and basically said he perpetuates the media today, doing anything for headlines.

Apparently Quarters copped **** for his decision to play the Cousins video on Ch10, right?
Spilled a tray of food on him as well from the sounds of things on Footy Classified.

Was it Quarter's decision to air the footage? I wouldn't imagine he'd have much to do with it?

Also, liked the fact Cousins didn't really apologise for it in his article in the Hun and stood up for himself. Would have been much easier to give another hollow apology.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Spilled, threw

After swearing at him a few times, Dunstall's lunch somehow ended up all over Quartermaine, who fair enough in my opinion then told Dunstall to GTFO of the commentary box, and when he wouldn't went for a walk himself.

Was glad Caroline Wilson pointed out how hypocritical the media was being getting into a tizz about Cousins giving a camera the finger but just treating one of their own swearing live to air and throwing food at a colleague as a big joke.

The stuff she was saying about the Hun showing up at Wallace's house tonight and trying to talk his teenage kids (who were home alone) into giving an interview was pretty disgraceful if true - and she claims she was only repeated what Wallace told her on the phone.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Spilled, threw

After swearing at him a few times, Dunstall's lunch somehow ended up all over Quartermaine, who fair enough in my opinion then told Dunstall to GTFO of the commentary box, and when he wouldn't went for a walk himself.

Was glad Caroline Wilson pointed out how hypocritical the media was being getting into a tizz about Cousins giving a camera the finger but just treating one of their own swearing live to air and throwing food at a colleague as a big joke.
The stuff she was saying about the Hun showing up at Wallace's house tonight and trying to talk his teenage kids (who were home alone) into giving an interview was pretty disgraceful if true - and she claims she was only repeated what Wallace told her on the phone.
Did she also mention how hypocritical she was in writing loads of **** about Cousins only to turn around and write about what a great pickup he was for Richmond. If it had been a North player she would have turned it into another chickengate with her mate Sam, but since its a Richmond player she's straight to their defence....she's not better than those she's having a pop at.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm not a fan of Caro by any stretch of the imagination, but Caro has a go at the Tigers as much as any.

Our former recruitment manager and head of football operations (his name slips my mind atm) copped it big time from her.

howardj

International Coach
Did she also mention how hypocritical she was in writing loads of **** about Cousins only to turn around and write about what a great pickup he was for Richmond. If it had been a North player she would have turned it into another chickengate with her mate Sam, but since its a Richmond player she's straight to their defence....she's not better than those she's having a pop at.
I think, when he has fronted this season, he's been a real asset.

To that end, I think he will be one of the few 30+ Richmond players who will be retained on the list by the incoming coach (who my Punt Road spies tell me will be Jade Rawlings) for next year.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Carro's annoying, and somewhat hypocritical. I'll never forgive her for ruining Talking Football, which used to be about the going-ons on the ground till they brought her onto the show, and it became about politics.

But I'd rather listen to her than Hutchy anyday. Last night when they were talking about the fans being herded about at the Kangas game, and he said, "Who cares?". What a dick.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Mentioned it last week, but "One Week at a Time" is surprisingly good in this regard. Matty Lloyd talking to Brendan Goddard about footy was pretty good.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Carro's annoying, and somewhat hypocritical. I'll never forgive her for ruining Talking Football, which used to be about the going-ons on the ground till they brought her onto the show, and it became about politics.

But I'd rather listen to her than Hutchy anyday. Last night when they were talking about the fans being herded about at the Kangas game, and he said, "Who cares?". What a dick.
Yeah, that pissed me off as well. When someone like Caro feels moved to point out that "fans are actually a reasonably important stake-holder" its obviously got pretty dire.

Thought Hutchence's other gem last night was during the discussion of Sydney. Caro, making the point that not every club follows the bottom-up/tank, load up on draft picks, then slash and burn and repeat formula and that sometimes good management in places like Sydney and Collingwood mean that success is possible anyway said something like "not everything is about the 'system' " and Hutchence just sneared "the system is the ONLY thing". Just underlines my view that he actually doesn't care about football itself at all, it's all politics and muckraking to him. Whatever else you accuse Wilson of, and there's plenty to chose from, at least she cares about at least one club.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
With Hille, Laycock and Bellchambers all out injured its time to unleash the machine that is Christian Bock.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Broken leg within minutes.
You rekon?

Don't think he'll break his leg, was thinking ribs tbh. Maric or Griffen to jump into him.

We dont really have many options short of bringing Lucas back and having him pinch hit. Don't like the idea of taking Hooker out of the backline.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Proud day for the anoxeric community as their first representative becomes an AFL footballer, if Bock does get a go. Looking forward to the Bruce Reid-style snapped-in-half injury after the first centre bounce. Still as a Pies fan, I can hardly bag out other clubs ruckmen.

Any relation to Adelaide's Bock?

Status
Not open for further replies.