• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Warm-Ups...

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
awta add soccer and basketball in that list too while we are at it lets add cricket aswell.
why not to include field hockey also?
lol
any predictions for today's warm ups?
Can't predict India Vs Pakistan, but i do know if india beats Pakistan in a match, in the next game Pakistan come up with a victory, so would not mind a defeat at warm ups lol

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
To my mind to be a sport, then a game must have a physical skill element to it.
So golf = definetly a sport
Chess, Monopoly, Scrabble, poker,etc are games but not sports.

This is my definition of sport* and I would be interested to know of a definition that could possibly see chess as a sport.

*note: I do do have criteria to my definition that exclude such activities as hunting and ballroom dancing. maybe I might list it in detail one day.

:)
my defination is a bit long
anything which is played and watched with interest & enjoyment is called Sport, & everyone can play it ( irrespective of wealth one has)
so i don't count Golf in Sports

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Imagine the conversations they would have while playing chess.

Chris Gayle:"This Game is boring"
Kevin Pietersen:"So Gayle what do you think of the fab new English uniforms"
Kevin Pietersen:"Thats right I'm English"
for me it would 've been
Gyle: i'm a better spin bowler than you KP
pietersen: so it means, i'm better batsman than you?
Gyle: apart from talking about cricket, we should focus ourselves at chess
( seemed boring what i said? Rite? Then what else can u expect from chess) lol

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Corrected.

btw don't give a **** about warm ups hope they give Aamir, Shazaib and Fawad Alam chance before the big tourney starts.
for me they should play a proper 11
& not to make mistake they made last time against south Africa; field good & bat well
& look like Pakistani cricket team

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
If Pakistan play like they did in the last match they'll lose.
yeah, but it doesn't matter, win or lose in a warm up match doesn't count, but as i said in earlier post, they should look like Pakistani cricket team

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
Imagine the conversations they would have while playing chess.

Chris Gayle:"This Game is boring"
Kevin Pietersen:"So Gayle what do you think of the fab new English uniforms"
Kevin Pietersen:"Thats right I'm English"
I have this game called "Quick Chess" (6x5 Board) - Gayle would definetly prefer this and see it as the future of chess.

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
Some epic cricket in Netherlands vs. Scotland right now:

1.3 Schiferli to Hamilton, 5 no balls, he's overstepped and the stump is knocked out of the ground! Hamilton comes down the pitch, swings and loses his offstump, and the ball rolls away to the boundary, ouch!

Sure enough, the following free hit brings no run.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Jayawardene bowled by Botha, big feather in Botha's cap there, Mahela a great player of spin, risky shot mind.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Sri Lanka can't have their two best players opening, as today has shown they haven't got anything else and it is contest over. Get Dilshan in at 4.

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
Tide might be turning.
Aust were probably man-for-man the best team on paper, but their form was terrible; hence everyone (myself included) wrote them off as an outside chance at best.

No resting of players. No sillyness during games. Even contributions during winning performances in lead-ups.

Bookies running scared. :cool:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Consensus seems to be don't do anything silly against Nannes and just take the rest to the cleaners. Going be hard for the Dutch as they can't build pressure at both ends.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
South Africa want an extra game tomorrow against the Irish. Think they need it, they haven't broke sweat yet.