• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Warm-Ups...

King Pietersen

International Captain
The result of the matches is immaterial, in a way. It's what you take from that matters. Crushing an exceptionally weak team wouldn't have done them much good. If they've discovered they need to improve or go back to the drawing board on their approach, then it's been a success.
Yeh you're right actually. If this 1 poor performance encourages better ones, then the warm-ups have been a success. You win this round....:p

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain
England were happy after the match, because their intent wasn't a thumping win. Anderson & Swann were rested and England started with Mascarenhas. Had England played their full-strength line-up, I don't think Scots would have reached 120. The batting was dissappointing, as usual, but there is nothing to worry about. If England play their best tomorrow against Windies, we can decide how stronger they are gonna be.

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
Warm-ups mean nothing IMO.

You cannot replicate genuine match situations with friendly games no matter what sport.

Yes, it was a slow victory against Soctland but that doesn't mean we'll automatically lose to better teams. Sport isn't played on paper.

As for the group of death, I'd rather us be in that group tbph. We need to be tested and it doesn't get harder than the 3 best teams in the world.

Though I have to say I wont be displeased if we beat Holland and Pakistan and end up in the lesser group since New Zealand and Sri Lanka on their day are as good as any.

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain
Warm-ups mean nothing IMO.

You cannot replicate genuine match situations with friendly games no matter what sport.

Yes, it was a slow victory against Soctland but that doesn't mean we'll automatically lose to better teams. Sport isn't played on paper.

As for the group of death, I'd rather us be in that group tbph. We need to be tested and it doesn't get harder than the 3 best teams in the world.

Though I have to say I wont be displeased if we beat Holland and Pakistan and end up in the lesser group since New Zealand and Sri Lanka on their day are as good as any.
There is no way England can end up in the Group F.

Check the other topic for source.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
More of a general rant about how Sidebottom has fallen in public opinion rather than a comment at you for playing while unfit (something which is admirable, imo), I can read more than one post, ya'know. That last over tactic was not excellent though, I don't usually get caught up in such minor things as the last over of a T20 warm up between a Test nation and associate, but I can't stand the overrating of Broad, as it tarnishes, for me, the image of a very promising cricketer.
Yeah, Broad is a promising cricketer and has a great future ahead of him but he is way over hyped.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
22 for 5 for New Zealand according to cricinfo

Was killing according to cricinfo he is out (I'm say according to cricinfo a lot because I'm not sure if I trust them at the moment).
Did cricinfo really use killing? Dire.

EDIT - I don't actually see it in their live commentary section. Did they use it or not? Did they cut it out later?

Last edited:

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
I am already excited about India vs Pakistan. Go India Go !!
i will say GO PAKISTAN
but it's just a warm up, i don't know why ICC put these 30 players in a test before the championship
both team's hearts will be pumping
i heard tickets have already been sold out
lol

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
To my mind to be a sport, then a game must have a physical skill element to it.
So golf = definetly a sport
Chess, Monopoly, Scrabble, poker,etc are games but not sports.

This is my definition of sport* and I would be interested to know of a definition that could possibly see chess as a sport.

*note: I do do have criteria to my definition that exclude such activities as hunting and ballroom dancing. maybe I might list it in detail one day.

:)

jondavluc

State Regular
Imagine the conversations they would have while playing chess.

Chris Gayle:"This Game is boring"
Kevin Pietersen:"So Gayle what do you think of the fab new English uniforms"
Kevin Pietersen:"Thats right I'm English"

Last edited: