• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbacks

International Captain
Good win. Now just need some sort of consistency to kick in before it's too late.
based on the draw, reckon the blues will get 12-14 wins to earn a taste of the finals. Probably still also rans due to lack of depth at this stage. Then again the formula of key forward+gun midfield are a winning finals formula

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah consistency would be good. I take it after last week you're all back to loving Fev, at least until his next off night? :ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
****, Judd is an amazing player. Ablett is a fantastic player, but for me Judd, with his full fitness coming back as it now, is clearly the better of the two. A second Brownlow for him this year IMO.
Its tough to choose between them.

It will dominate many pubs and bar AFL chats for years to come. Reckon its a better discussion than Hird vs. Voss vs. Buckley (vs. Harvey)?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Biggest whipping boy since Richo...
True, maybe even bigger since no one ever claimed Richo was a bad influence off the field, and there were never any controversies about beating bartenders up in Ireland, or pissing in the streets.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
**** off O'Keefe and Gia.

My opponent in DT has them, and he's also one of my best mates. Can't handle a loss to him, it'll kill me.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jack Watts and Nicholas Naitanui are all supposed to be guns, and Hill and Hurley have shown their class.

Unsure about Hartlett for Port.

Rich at 6 was a bargain, but you can't fault the other teams for choosing those guys.

Josh

International Regular
Carlton vs West Coast
Bulldogs vs Sydney
North Melbourne vs Brisbane

Fremantle vs Richmond
St Kilda
vs Melbourne
Adelaide vs Hawthorn
Essendon vs Geelong
Collingwood vs Port Adelaide (the one game in the calendar I couldn't care less about, and hope for a draw)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jack Watts and Nicholas Naitanui are all supposed to be guns, and Hill and Hurley have shown their class.

Unsure about Hartlett for Port.

Rich at 6 was a bargain, but you can't fault the other teams for choosing those guys.
Mmmm Watts & Naitanui I can understand, but it's more Hill and Hartlett that I don't get. Obvs could well be proven wrong as there's a long way to go in their careers, but given I'm not the only one who has said it, it contiues to baffle me.

Redbacks

International Captain
Hartlett looks a star for the Power, plus he is a local which should take out the chances of them losing him interstate after puting years into him. Footspeed another factor against Rich, but he has lloked awesome this year.

What a game in Subi!

pasag

RTDAS
One of the games of the year! Literally jumped in the air when the siren went, so happy for the Tigers.

Awesome from a contest point of view though some of the worst skills you'll ever see.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
One of the games of the year! Literally jumped in the air when the siren went, so happy for the Tigers.

Awesome from a contest point of view though some of the worst skills you'll ever see.
Heard that one a few times already so far...

Doggies vs Cats last week was some of the best footy I've watched in a long time. Gotta say Anzac Day was a personal fave though (obviously).

Status
Not open for further replies.