• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Both happened. Essendon definitely lifted their game - were better around the clearances and every Aboriginal player of theirs decided to jump on our backs and take speccies.

But we just stopped too. Would have been weird if it happened to any other team. But not us :(
Agreed...

It was a poor game overall i thought. Probably the worst I've seen us play. Will need to improve a heap if we want to compete with the cats.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah true, if there ever was a game you wanted to play that bad in, it was against us probably. At half time I had that sinking feeling that we'd done all we could.

In terms of quality of play, it was a bad game. Lots of fumbling and turnovers.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Didn't get to watch as I was out, but how'd the Lions go against St Kilda? Looking at the score it looks like we put in a decent effort?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Didn't get to watch as I was out, but how'd the Lions go against St Kilda? Looking at the score it looks like we put in a decent effort?
With 15 minutes left I was sure you would win. Black was playing awesome. Two key moments were:
- Power cramping in the 3rd, and playing in the 4th quarter well below 100%
- Bradshaw having to come off with the blood rule with around 10 mins left. He was dominating Riewoldt, and in the time he was off (he had to change his shorts and get his hand strapped) Brisbane lost the game.

Montagna, Hayes and Dal Santa are STARS! Such an awesome midfield.

Cannot wait for Saints vs. Cats in rnd 14.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Yeah true, if there ever was a game you wanted to play that bad in, it was against us probably. At half time I had that sinking feeling that we'd done all we could.

In terms of quality of play, it was a bad game. Lots of fumbling and turnovers.
We should have been 6 goals down at half time i rekon.

NLM will probably get 3-4 weeks for that silly late hit, no courage in that. Did the same last week as well, really needs to get that habit out of his game.

Deledio on Winderlich was nearly Rance and Selwood over again. Would have been livid with Knights if he got seriously injured in the 28th min of the last qtr when the game was won.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You mean Coughlan. I wonder if he'll get done for that. Hope not, he's missed enough football as is.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, Brisbane were gallant. Managed to maintain pressure throughout, except for that five minute period in the last.

**** me listening to Bruce speak as though Bradshaw's never been down back before.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, Brisbane were gallant. Managed to maintain pressure throughout, except for that five minute period in the last.

**** me listening to Bruce speak as though Bradshaw's never been down back before.

Redbacks

International Captain
Jobe Watson on the couch sounded exactly like his old man, doubt you could pick the difference without visuals

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Carlton vs West Coast
Footscray vs Sydney
North Melbourne vs Brisbane
Fremantle vs Richmond
St Kilda vs Melbourne
Adelaide vs Hawthorn
Essendon vs Geelong
Collingwood vs Port Adelaide

Status
Not open for further replies.