• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2009

biased indian

International Coach
if RCB win this mallya will bring them back in one of his big jumbo flight to the wildest party they can hope for ......

i want them to win now kumble & dravid was laughed away last year

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Jono, on one final being one game being better than a series, there are two ways at looking at it. The NBA finals are great too even though they are best of 7 games.

ret

International Debutant
62/3 at the break, advantage B'lore .... DC needs 150+ and hopefully with some luck they can get that

like this game so far, the two teams are as different as they can be. B'lore are a better team [all-round], while Hy'bad have better match-winners [though two of them have been put out of the game with the bat that is]!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jono, on one final being one game being better than a series, there are two ways at looking at it. The NBA finals are great too even though they are best of 7 games.
Never said it was 'better' Pratters, I said it makes it more of a spectacle, because players have only one chance, and one chance only.

I agree there are benefits for both. But one thing is for sure, you can't afford to choke in a 'once only' final. In a best of 3 or 5 or 7, you always have another chance to make it right.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Never said it was 'better' Pratters, I said it makes it more of a spectacle, because players have only one chance, and one chance only.

I agree there are benefits for both. But one thing is for sure, you can't afford to choke in a 'once only' final. In a best of 3 or 5 or 7, you always have another chance to make it right.
Similarly the better team may not win the title in a best of 1 game. Delhi and Chennai are better sides than Bangalore and Hyderabad and a second chance could have given them an opportunity to try and prove that. You get clutch situations in a series scenario as well. The key difference is that there are more chances for a team in a series. As you say, both have their own benefits. Not saying the winner of the IPL won't deserve it for they would have earned it.