• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2009

JBH001

International Regular
Bit bummed Chennai did not go through, but their batting did not fire when it needed to.

Well done, Bangalore. Fine and deserved victory.

Dont really know who to support now in the final, lol!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
YESSSSSSS!

Friends bagged me last year when Bangalore and Hyderabad were in the bottom two. Now they're playing in the finals :cool:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Why Mishra has been overlooked thus far for the Indian ODI and T20 side is beyond me.

iirc, his List A record is very good indeed.

Briony

International Debutant
Weird that Bangalore improved after KP's departure. He'll now be available for them in the CL in India. Albertus still hasn't really fired with the bat and is not really an opening bowler. He let Chennai down.

Polo23

International Debutant
Ryder > Kallis for the final surely? Kallis has been piss poor. If there was any consistency in selection he would get the chop.

Good to see Rossco finish off the innings nicely...though, why the hell did the RCB have their best batsman at number 6?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ryder > Kallis for the final surely? Kallis has been piss poor. If there was any consistency in selection he would get the chop.
What's that? The exact same post for the last 4 weeks? No way.

Kallis bowled very very well. Not sure what you're on about.

They have a pretty good combination right now, why change a winning formula?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
C'mon Bangalore. My mate in Melbourne put $50 on them at the start of the tourney at $8, and has promised me untold free beer when I head there on holiday in July if they win.

Athlai

Not Terrible

Good to see Rossco finish off the innings nicely...though, why the hell did the RCB have their best batsman at number 6?
Far too late to change Kallis one of the most solid if not fantastic players in Bangalore for Ryder, ridiculous to think they'd make that change a week before the finals let alone on the eve of the big one.
Rossco at 6 seems a bit foolish though, would personally have him sitting pretty at 4.

Kallis bowled very very well in that match yes, but has been tripe for most of the tournament, Ryder out bowled him for the most part and Kallis has been very lucky not to be dropped throughout IPL2. Though certainly shouldn't be cast out with one match to go.

Polo23

International Debutant

Me posting the exact same thing for 4 weeks tells you something doesnt it? I sure as hell wouldnt be posting it if Kallis had been performing.

Yeah, he bowled well, just like Ryder did every time he was given a shot. Whats your point?

You're right, it wouldnt make sense changing things now, they should have been changed far earlier.

Howsie

International Captain
What about Van De Mere, his batting wouldn't be as good as Ryders's and his bowling looks pretty average. I guess he is lucky to in a winning team, because when the Bangalore team was losing they replaced anyone that had a bad game.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
What about Van De Mere, his batting wouldn't be as good as Ryders's and his bowling looks pretty average. I guess he is lucky to in a winning team, because when the Bangalore team was losing they replaced anyone that had a bad game.
They will not drop Van De Mere, arguably the best bowler for Bangalore in the semi-final. Really put the screws on the Chennai innings.

As much as the Ryder fans want to see him in the side (and with justification), it is highly unlikely that Bangalore will go dropping players. Especially players who contributed in the semi-final victory.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Me posting the exact same thing for 4 weeks tells you something doesnt it? I sure as hell wouldnt be posting it if Kallis had been performing.

Yeah, he bowled well, just like Ryder did every time he was given a shot. Whats your point?

You're right, it wouldnt make sense changing things now, they should have been changed far earlier.
Who opens the bowling if Kallis is replaced? Ryder?

The same stuff over the 4 weeks has consisted of winging that either Vettori or Ryder isn't playing, or Oram isn't getting a fair go, or McCullum has been unlucky has captain.

It gets bloody tiresome.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You're not lucky to be in a winning team if you contribute to the win.

van der Merwe 4 overs 1-23
Kallis 4 overs 1-26 in powerplays including the wicket of Patel who was dominating.

Why should any of those be dropped for Ryder who has been inconsistent, and cannot open the bowling? I love Ryder and was very happy when Bangalore got him, but come on...

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Kallis 4 overs 1-26 in powerplays including the wicket of Patel who was dominating.
I think his point is that even though Kallis may have had 1-26, in his previous 13 games he had only taken 5 wickets at 60, and hasn't exactly been setting the world alight with the bat.

But anyways, they aren't going to drop Kallis.

And yeah, Polo does go on a bit.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I was pointing at the fact that van der Merwe was said to be 'lucky' because he has been in the team with Bangalore winning, whilst Ryder was in the team with Bangalore losing.

But van der Merwe has contributed to Bangalore wins.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why Mishra has been overlooked thus far for the Indian ODI and T20 side is beyond me.

iirc, his List A record is very good indeed.
Gives the impression that he goes for runs when really he doesn't. Truth be told, his economy rates are very similar to Pragyan Ojha's in all forms of the game, and his averages are considerably better.