• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2009

Smith

Banned
CSK would do well to get in some good bowling options from overseas to replace Jacob Oram. They don't need his skills with the bat, and he is not delivering with the ball as well.

Well done, BRC. It's poetic justice that the two laggards of last year make the final this year.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I would have liked a best of 3 or best of 5 semis and finals to reduce the upset possibility NBA style. You play well all league and then one game costs you the tournament like it happened to Delhi. That's not fair on them even though I root for Deccan. As I said, I love that an underdog will win the tournament though. Jono will be so happy with both the finalists.

pasag

RTDAS
After being the laughing stock of the IPL for one and a half seasons, this is just brilliant on so many levels, regardless of what happens tomorrow. And it wasn't the so called saviour that did it for us either, but Kumble, the unheralded hero (along with a little help from Taylor, Pandey et al).

Feel for Chennai and Dehli though, they have such good teams and performed so, so well over sustained periods of time but just could perform when it mattered.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
I would have liked a best of 3 or best of 5 semis and finals to reduce the upset possibility NBA style. You play well all league and then one game costs you the tournament like it happened to Delhi. That's not fair on them even though I root for Deccan. As I said, I love that an underdog will win the tournament though. Jono will be so happy with both the finalists.
Spot on. Love the fact that i'm related to both Hyderabad and Bangalore in one way or another too.

Also on another note Kumble >>>> KP.

pasag

RTDAS
McGrath would have been very good for Chennai. Pity he was sitting on the bench do nothing for the whole season.

GGG

State Captain
Yeah just a desperate move to bowl Oram, he did get Taylor out in the last game so I guess that was the reason.

jeevan

International 12th Man
IPL seems predictable:
start of 2008, RR appeared the poorest team on paper. So they won.
start of 2009, DC and RCB should've been the poorest teams based on 2008 - so they're in the final.

So for 2010, put your money on KKR .

Beleg

International Regular
looking at the bowling stats over the course of this tournament - one has to wonder... how good is muralitharan?

Cruxdude

International Debutant
looking at the bowling stats over the course of this tournament - one has to wonder... how good is muralitharan?
He was truly brilliant over the whole tournament, the only 'bowler' in CSK. Balaji up for sale. Gony free along with Balaji. Maybe throw in Oram also.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
BTW Manish was too good today. Some proper cricketing shots. Hope this is not a false dawn for him. Go BRC Go.

ret

International Debutant
Both the finalists are already winners in the sense that they managed to turn things around for them .... bottom 2 in the last IPL, top 2 in this one!

ret

International Debutant
looking at how some of the guys have performed in the IPL, BCCI should reconsider T20 WC team .... May be they could have guys like Panday in, Karthik also won a few games on his own if I remember correctly,and may be Nehra and Mishra would have been decent options!

an in-form 11 like this would be good

- Sehwag [got back in to nick in the last two games]
- Gambhir
- Panday [is smashing every bowler atm]
- Rohit [shown some good form along with temperament]
- Yuvi / Raina [who ever is in good form]
- Dhoni
- Y Pathan / Karthik [finished off a few games well] / I Pathan / Jadeja
- Praveen
- Bhajji / Ojha / Mishra
- RP
- Nehra / Ishant