• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2009

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, the favourites crash out at the semis, they could not recover after that first over by Harris and that first over by Gilchrist. Gambhir's awful form in the IPL should be an area of concern for Indian fans ahead of the World T20, as he is usually our most consistent T20 batsmen.

pasag

RTDAS
Watched the whole match on mute, was quite good.

Absolute fairytale for Deccan to be into the final after winning the wooden spoon last year with more or less the same side.

Those Deccan caps are pretty cool as well.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gah, Delhi!?

At least Mishy still kicked ass though. Poor call leaving him out of the T20 WC squad.

Smith

Banned
Maybe so but they really don't have any justfication of treated a living legand like that .Like Manee said Warner should of missed out before Mcgrath.
Delhi demolished their way to the semis without the legend's services. They had very good reasons to make him sit out. Unfortunately Nannes messed it for the first time in the semis. Could have happened to McGrath also.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think we, none of us having seen McGrath's current fitness and reduced ability with the ball, have any right to call Delhi's selectors out for not picking him. But I will anyway, because i really wanted to see him play :(

Shri

Mr. Glass
I was almost certain that McGrath would be used along with Vettori in the finals as some sort of secret weapon. I was wrong.:(

straighty

Cricket Spectator
All of their pacers- Nannes, Nehra, Sanghvan all were in good nick. That didnt help Mcgrat either. But if Mehroof was given a chance, Mcgrat should have been given one.YoMahesh impressed everyone a lot last year, but didnt play much this year. He should have been in the XI in all the games for any other IPL team this year.

GGG

State Captain
Glad Delhi got trashed, teach them for leaving out two of the most experienced and best limited over bowlers in Mcgrath and Vettori.

JBH001

International Regular
Just watched the highlights. Man, what a blitz from Gilly! Just phenomenal!

Wonder if another upset is on the cards tonight.

Those Deccan caps are pretty cool as well.
Their girls are too. They didnt seem to be getting a rest either while Gilly was at it! :D

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Fantastic innings from Gilchrist. One of the highlights of the IPL for mine. He has threatened a number of times to play that sort of innings, but he really starred this game.

Don't understand the criticism of the Delhi bowling attack. Been arguably one of the best and most consistent of the tournament, without McGrath and Vettori. Gilchrist was just in one of those zones, made all bowlers look like club cricketers.

Loved the bowling of Ryan (Rhino) Harris. Smart bowler.

Redbacks

International Captain
Funny thing is that it's not all that surprising to see Gilchurch bat like this, one area of his life where self-doubt seems to be absent is opening the batting in big games.