• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2009

pasag

RTDAS
It's all over now, no pressure, can just pick up the singles.

Feel bad for Dehli, they were the side of the tournament, but just had no answers for Gilchrist.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
You mean the required rr?
Yeah.

This is why I LOVE T20. From 0/2, Delhi can come back to 80 odd for 2 off 10 and then be restricted to 153 off 20. Then, the favourites for the tournament can be annihilated completely.

This is also why Adam Gichrist is one of my all time favourite players. Richard doesn't like the destruction of Gilly but then Richard is Richard.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Delhi get no sympathy for me. They deserve this for not giving a single game to Mcgrath. He couldn't be that bad.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
As a side comment, loved the attitude of both the captains at the toss and throughout this game. Gilly was sure what he wanted to do when he won the toss - field. Was justified with two wickets falling early. Sehwag was positive in the toss as well saying he would have batted any way and althey had defeated Deccan two times in the competition already. Sehwag then batted well, brought himself to bowl taking the onus when Gilchrist was destroying it (he didn't have many options left though). And Gilly completely destroying Delhi It's game over barring a collapse of a huge magnitute.