• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2009

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Thoughts on teams ahead of the IPL Semis -

Chennai Superkings - The strongest team where I am concerned and favourites to win.

Delhi Daredevils
- Slightly behind Chennai but still awesome.

Bangalore Royal Challengers - In top form.

Deccan Chargers - The team I hope will win the whole thing and the dark horses. Really like blokes like RP and Rohit Sharma in their team.

Who do you want and think will win?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Mumbai again disappoint. Everyone had such high expectations on them and were writing off last year as an aberration, yet they continue to underperform. Teams like Punjab and Rajasthan can be excused for their decline this season with loss of key players, but there's really no excuse for Mumbai. How they managed to win less games with a better team is beyond me.
Yea,a lot of non performers and not a good captain.

pasag

RTDAS
Impressive counterattack by Delhi. Most sides would just consolidate and go into their shells after losing two wickets in the first over.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Enough with the ****ing commentators going down the slide (though it did provide the funniest moment of the tournament watching Laxman Shivbananakrishnan just shouting out "weeee!")

Good partnership this - love watching TilDil bat.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Spot on guys, love the counter attack. Thought it was going to go only one way after the first 2 wickets, but good to prove me wrong.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Impressive counterattack by Delhi. Most sides would just consolidate and go into their shells after losing two wickets in the first over.
Yeah. Superb counter attacking play which puts them on the top from such a terrible position.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
The IPL is a conspiracy against me. I put Gambhir and Warner in my fantasy team and they both get ducks with Warner's being a golden. RP Singh gets tonked too, just for good measure.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
He was fantastic last year, but putting in no effort to train over the year means Delhi just couldn't risk him, especially when you've got Nannes who is doing so well. Bit perplexing they didn't play him when they rested Nannes though.
Irrelevant. He is Zeus-incarnate.

ret

International Debutant
my take on the teams

B'lore ----> had a good run in the last few games but will they be able to sustain the momentum? they don't stand out enough but just did enough with bat and ball to be in. unless luck favors them I don't see them winning this one

Chennai ----> batting is pretty strong, bowling is weak. Jakarti bailed them out on a few occasions but they have to put [or be prepared to chase] on big totals

Delhi ----> most balanced team in the tourney, top 6 are settled while the bowlers are in decent form. can be dangerous with both the bat and the ball

Hy'dad ----> the Dark horses! the good thing abt them is that they have some awesome batters who can win it for them and couple of their good bowlers are in form

favs for me would be the winner of DD vs DC game!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Have to give it to Dilshan. .Not many would have backed him at the start of the tournament and people even expected his form to fade after the early flourish but he has deserved his place in the Delhi side hands down. He has been a great asset to the team.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Have to give it to Dilshan. .Not many would have backed him at the start of the tournament and people even expected his form to fade after the early flourish but he has deserved his place in the Delhi side hands down. Great asset to the team, he has been.He has been a great asset to the team.
Yeah he's been great. I questioned his value at the start, but he's been one of the reasons Delhi have done so well despite lapses of form from Sehwag and Gambhir.