• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Top game today against the team I was tied 2nd with on the OD ladder. Got rolled for 141 and then hit back to have them all out for 122. Big improvement on scoring 200 on their home ground and not taking a wicket in reply in the first match.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Since we're haemmoraging money, I'm selling Matthew Horwood, who I picked up for 3.1 million earlier in the season.

Matthew is a RH Batsman and RFM Bowler. He is a defensive player with feeble leadership skills and sensational experience.

He currently has superb batting form, strong bowling form and sublime fitness.
Plays For: Tawonga Tigers
Nationality: South Africa
Dual Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 32,443
Wages: £6,845 p/w
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: abysmal Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: quality Consistency: superb
Fielding: abysmal

Also came heart breakingly close to defeating the team in the spot above me (they flogged us earlier in the year). I'm happy with 4th but this season has been mostly a forgettable one. Most of the wins were huge, and most of the losses were huge as well. Very few tight/close matches IIRC. Selling Horwood probably sums it up, since we're nearly out of cash.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Top game today against the team I was tied 2nd with on the OD ladder. Got rolled for 141 and then hit back to have them all out for 122. Big improvement on scoring 200 on their home ground and not taking a wicket in reply in the first match.
Haha, he is not impressed. :D

My match is EPIC! Hall trying to win it for us with his last over! He has 6 of 6 wickets!

Son Of Coco

Haha, he is not impressed. :D

My match is EPIC! Hall trying to win it for us with his last over! He has 6 of 6 wickets!
Really? :laugh: I'll have to go back and have a look. I wasn't impressed when I couldn't get any of his batsmen out on a turner last time, so I guess we're even. He only has 3 that are ok. Same as me really. I thought I was gone when my top bat got out for 37.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, mos def. His batting is notoriously weak, the ten wicket win last time was absurd.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Well, I managed to lose, admittedly to a slightly better team, but on the back of an absolutely crucial toss. Still, I made it all the way to the penultimate session before I got my arse kicked down to FC.III.

Will see what my ratings are like today -- doubt I'll improve on 214, and with next season earmarked for rebuilding, I'm going to plummet down the CW rankings list.

Oh well. At least I'll be promoted in OD.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Lost what I've decided is my last Battrick match today, in rather disappointing fashion. Spent my £5m cash pile on a batsman this morning for a final ratings boost, but it turns out I should've bought a bowler, as my attack managed just two wickets on a green pitch (sunny, mind you). Crap end to the season; won just one game in the last eight.

Managed an elite top order rating, Janes managed to nurse the tail long enough to get a final century, Pead doubled his highest score with 20 (twenty!), but Oleary finished with 10-0-60-0, hardly the way he deserves to go out.

But still, had enough I think so am listing my best players this weekend. Been fun, but feel like I've seen it all now, plus I have a phd to finish and can't be doing with organising yet more trainees. :)

Actually, on second thoughts, would much rather go out against a CW team; anyone up for a friendly on Sunday? 'dinho?

HeathDavisSpeed

Came 2nd in every league.

I blame Trev whose team beat me by 2 wickets in the last fixture of the season to cost me the one day league.

THANKS, TREV!

Nah, only joking. Wouldn't promote anyway, I'm not good enough. Looking forward to more battles with Trev next year.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
In other news, I've managed to finish first in all 3 of my leagues and by the looks of my playiff (I've scored Madman who just sold all of his decent players for some reason) I'll be promoting to Div.II OD which will absolutely kill me. Hopefully I get an easy few FC and BT20 leagues.

Also, I'm bleeding money like there's no tomorrow. Hopefully I get an awesome YP or I'm basically ****ed.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
I'll have a match with ya, Badger. Will miss ya mate, always great value in this thread.
Cheers dude, feeling's mutual - have challenged you at mine (figure I should really watch the game :)).

Good work on winning your league; crazily close, don't think I've ever seen one won with a 9-0-5 record. Think battrick might really be evening out in the top few divisions; great for the game in general, not so good for the nerves...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Haha yeah the league was killing me this season, heart attacks galore. Great bunch of teams and great blokes in there as well. I would have won by a further game if I didn't accidently play a worthless bowler against Stepney Saints at the halfway mark and lose thanks to it.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
11.Darius Hyde - 20 yo, BT Rating=58,284 shortcut
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a steady player with abysmal leadership skills and mediocre experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and lively fitness.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: superb
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: remarkable
Fielding: mediocre

3.Hamid Campbell - 19 yo, BT Rating=42,799 shortcut
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler. He is a defensive player with competent leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has woeful batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: remarkable
Batting: wonderful Concentration: superb
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: feeble

Campbell getting there, has a WK net so his secondary is getting there, needs some stamina and will get it once Mccammon gets to superb sometime next season.

andyc

Bryan Hamilton - 18 yo, BT Rating=44,345
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a defensive player with woeful leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, superb bowling form and fresh fitness.
Batting: strong Concentration: strong
Bowling: quality Consistency: strong
Fielding: respectable

Sarwar Nizamuddin - 19 yo, BT Rating=46,762
RH Batsman, RF Bowler. He is a defensive player with worthless leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has feeble batting form, superb bowling form and lively fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: worthless Concentration: proficient
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: remarkable
Fielding: competent

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Some decent pops, but need to start working on Cramer secondaries pretty soon. Not sure how far I'm going to train him. Plan was mast or mir.

1.Farveez Samarasekera - 18 yo, BT Rating=42,864
RH Batsman, RF Bowler. He is a steady player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has strong batting form, strong bowling form and moderate fitness.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: quality Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: quality Consistency: strong
Fielding: competent

23.Sarath Cramar - 19 yo, BT Rating=33,979
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is a destructive player with abysmal leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: wonderful Concentration: strong
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: abysmal

Evilhoopler

U19 12th Man
Niall Bangura - 18 yo, BT Rating=6,554
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is an attacking player with woeful leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has competent batting form, superb bowling form and moderate fitness.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: Competent
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: worthless
Fielding: feeble

Gerry Herd - 18 yo, BT Rating=7,332
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is an attacking player with proficient leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has strong batting form, abysmal bowling form and fair fitness.

Batting: respectable Concentration: feeble
Bowling: respectable Consistency: woeful
Fielding: woeful

Roger Stiehler - 18 yo, BT Rating=7,986
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is an attacking player with worthless leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, abysmal bowling form and fresh fitness.

Batting: abysmal Concentration: woeful
Bowling: proficient Consistency: competent
Fielding: feeble

Malcolm Worsnop - 18 yo, BT Rating=14,238
LH Batsman, LM Bowler. He is a defensive player with superb leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: superb
Batting: respectable Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Okay, BeardBargainBasement time; all my best players have been listed for nowt. So check it out - I'll be much happier if Oleary in particular goes to a team I know.

Liam Bromby, 24, 128k, wond/phen bat, rem w/k
Colin Janes, 24, 94k, exq/exq bat
Carl Oleary, 24, 93k, exq/exq bowl
Darren Piercy, 21, 82k, exq/exc bowl
Sam Pead, 24, 78k, sens/sens bowl
Daren Platt, 23, 74k, sens/exq bat, sup/qual captain

nibbs

International Captain
Grady Allison - 20 yo, BT Rating=48,775
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a cautious player with competent leadership skills and competent experience.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and moderate fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: respectable
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: quality
Fielding: strong

Richard Chiume - 19 yo, BT Rating=29,108
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is an attacking player with feeble leadership skills and mediocre experience.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: quality Concentration: superb
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: woeful
Fielding: woeful

Last edited:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Since we're haemmoraging money, I'm selling Matthew Horwood, who I picked up for 3.1 million earlier in the season.

Matthew is a RH Batsman and RFM Bowler. He is a defensive player with feeble leadership skills and sensational experience.

Plays For: Tawonga Tigers
Nationality: South Africa
Dual Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 32,443
Wages: £6,845 p/w
Batting: abysmal Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: quality Consistency: superb

Also came heart breakingly close to defeating the team in the spot above me (they flogged us earlier in the year). I'm happy with 4th but this season has been mostly a forgettable one. Most of the wins were huge, and most of the losses were huge as well. Very few tight/close matches IIRC. Selling Horwood probably sums it up, since we're nearly out of cash.

Some Dips**** went out his way to bid a million for him (Horwood), I could have had him otherwise :mad:

Hugh Clunnie and Bradley Norris both being offloaded on the cheap

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Actually, on second thoughts, would much rather go out against a CW team; anyone up for a friendly on Sunday? 'dinho?
Challenged, but I suspect all I've done is joined the queue!

Sad to see you go -- good luck with the PhD!

O'Leary's not far off the kind of player I'm after right now...but for a probable £8M and only M, I think I'll have to pass.