• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2009

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Dhoni thinks of him highly and i won't be suprised if he gets selected after the world t20
as if we do not defend the title there will be some changes.
Apparently Sreesanth asked Dhoni if he had a chance of playing if Zaheer wasn't fit in time, Dhoni responded that he doesn't plan on seeing te match referee. Lol. Dhoni and by the sounds of it most of the indian cricketing fraternity can't stand the idiot.

pasag

RTDAS
ci said:
If Bangalore bat first

Bangalore should prefer to bat first as any target set will have to be chased within 10 to 12 overs. If they score 100, Deccan will need to achieve the target in 10.5 overs to knock out Bangalore. If Bangalore make 120, Deccan will need to knock it off in 11 overs. If Bangalore post a high total of around 180, they are almost guaranteed a semi-final spot - Deccan will need to get them in 11.2 overs.

Obviously, Bangalore will save themselves the need to make all these calculations if they go out there and beat Deccan. They'll then finish in third place, and will take on Chennai on Saturday.
So after winning the toss they are pretty much guaranteed to go through, even if they collapse there's nothing to gain for Deccan in getting the runs quickly (although with Gilly opening...).

Athlai

Not Terrible
You have to feel that Ross Taylors power hitting put them in this position. (Well I spose he did win them a game too so quite clearly put them here)

Can't believe he wasn't in the team the whole way through after being so vital to their semi final placing.

pasag

RTDAS
You have to feel that Ross Taylors power hitting put them in this position. (Well I spose he did win them a game too so quite clearly put them here)

Can't believe he wasn't in the team the whole way through after being so vital to their semi final placing.
Will need a lot more from him if we're to compete in the finals.

pasag

RTDAS
Mumbai again disappoint. Everyone had such high expectations on them and were writing off last year as an aberration, yet they continue to underperform. Teams like Punjab and Rajasthan can be excused for their decline this season with loss of key players, but there's really no excuse for Mumbai. How they managed to win less games with a better team is beyond me.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Will need a lot more from him if we're to compete in the finals.
Get Ryder in there instead of Kallis IMO. Won't happen though, Kallis has been solid but so so very slow and uneconomical in his bowling too. Really doesn't work with this teams lineup.

I'd rate them like this going to the finals:
DD
CSK
BRC
DC

Yet BRC's momentum could get held up today all of the sides have big holes in them. DD has some brilliant internationals yet are let down by a rather weak Indian attack. Mishra's gun though.
CSK are a run scoring machine but besides Murali have very little in the bowling stocks.
BRC would have an amazing attack if they didn't have to make room for a weak batting lineup.
DC are the most well rounded team IMO yet are the least exceptional team besides RR.

Steulen

International Regular
Once again the Delhi bowlers got them off to a great start, and then the batting top order did the same. They really have found a winning formula. Dirk Nannes' fireplace must look brilliant with the scalps he has taken so far: Duminy twice, Jayasuriya, Kallis, Smith etc.,,too bad the Dutch don't play South Africa in the T20 WC next month.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Heres the table if we take into account both years

RR 17 W 10 L 1 NR
DD 17 W 10L 1 NR
P11 17 W 11 L 0 NR
CSK 16 W 11 L 1 NR
MI 12 W 15 L 1 NR
BRC 11 W 16 L 0 NR*
KKR 9 W 17 L 2 NR
DC 9 W 18 L 0 NR*

* 1 to play

pasag

RTDAS
Get Ryder in there instead of Kallis IMO. Won't happen though, Kallis has been solid but so so very slow and uneconomical in his bowling too. Really doesn't work with this teams lineup.

I'd rate them like this going to the finals:
DD
CSK
BRC
DC

Yet BRC's momentum could get held up today all of the sides have big holes in them. DD has some brilliant internationals yet are let down by a rather weak Indian attack. Mishra's gun though.
CSK are a run scoring machine but besides Murali have very little in the bowling stocks.
BRC would have an amazing attack if they didn't have to make room for a weak batting lineup.
DC are the most well rounded team IMO yet are the least exceptional team besides RR.
Nah Deccan have a much better lineup than Bangalore.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Nah Deccan have a much better lineup than Bangalore.
Better lineup yes. Better team? No.

DC just doesn't work well for me. Of course with players like Gilly, Gibbs, Sharma and Symonds in the team they could throw up 200 on any given day. Just something about Bangalore's potential lineup that I like, + Boucher and Taylor are two great hitters.

pasag

RTDAS
Better lineup yes. Better team? No.

DC just doesn't work well for me. Of course with players like Gilly, Gibbs, Sharma and Symonds in the team they could throw up 200 on any given day. Just something about Bangalore's potential lineup that I like, + Boucher and Taylor are two great hitters.
Not sure what you're saying? Bangalore have been the epitome of a team that doesn't work despite them having good players. The profile of Deccan you're talking about would fit them for last season where they couldn't buy a win, but not this one where they have grown in leaps and bounds.

For mine it's Delhi, Chennai, Deccan then daylight.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Not sure what you're saying? Bangalore have been the epitome of a team that doesn't work despite them having good players. The profile of Deccan you're talking about would fit them for last season where they couldn't buy a win, but not this one where they have grown in leaps and bounds.

For mine it's Delhi, Chennai, Deccan then daylight.
Mostly talking about the last 3 matches for each team. Bangalore have looked the goods like this Pandey too.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Sorry Dravid but it probably wasn't your turn to come out with Pandy already looking set, should've went with Taylor then Boucher IMO could've put something truly formidable up.