• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2009

Briony

International Debutant
He didn't play. :)
I'm talking over the course of the tournament. He let them down and deserved to be dropped earlier. They should dump him now, he doesn't appear too suited to this form of the game as he's not a power hitter being seemingly unable to clear the boundaries. He is also badly out of shape which doesn't help him running between the wicket, scoring twos and threes etc. or being competent enough in the field. The Proteas should look at appointing Botha as skipper for the WC in England.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
5/38. Perhaps the pitch is not the greatest. Another match will follow. Could be interesting. KKR hasn't the best tailenders either.
Its not so much to do with bluff as with bluff and hustling on one side and mindless panic in the face of the bluff and bluster on the other side.

Throughout this tournament Rajasthan have managed to get out of some tight situations like this one (today they didn't) by Warne's great "poker play" and the other side's inability to understand to see it.

I think by RR going out of the the tournament justice is being done. Their combined talents as a team did not justify a place in the top four.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
So Delhi and Chennai are through (irrespective of what happens in Chennai's last game.

The winner of Deccan Chargers and bangalore game will go through.

The fourth position will be Punjab if they beat Chennai or the loser of the Deccan Bangalore game (unless the defeat is a massive one by runs which is the only chance Punjab will have.

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
I'm talking over the course of the tournament. He let them down and deserved to be dropped earlier. They should dump him now, he doesn't appear too suited to this form of the game as he's not a power hitter being seemingly unable to clear the boundaries. He is also badly out of shape which doesn't help him running between the wicket, scoring twos and threes etc. or being competent enough in the field. The Proteas should look at appointing Botha as skipper for the WC in England.
His stats speak for themselves. He had a poor tournament.

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
Its not so much to do with bluff as with bluff and hustling on one side and mindless panic in the face of the bluff and bluster on the other side.

Throughout this tournament Rajasthan have managed to get out of some tight situations like this one (today they didn't) by Warne's great "poker play" and the other side's inability to understand to see it.

I think by RR going out of the the tournament justice is being done. Their combined talents as a team did not justify a place in the top four.
their success last year apart from Warnes captaincy and the fine role playing and fielding of the young Indian players, was built on the outstanding success of Watson, Smith and Tanvir. The best allrounder (and player) the second best batsman and the best go-to bowler of the tournament. Smith's ouput was way down and the other two didn't play. The replacements were nowhere near the same quality and that was obvious before a ball was bowled. So no real suprise that they've failed this time.

I'm still on board though, so for next season.
1. keep Smith, he'll come good again.
2. really need Watson and Tanvir back
3. Another international quality Indian would be good (maybe Rohit, surely you'd want to jump ship from the Knight Riders)
4. Another Strike bowler (Johnson would be perfect if he makes himself available..or Siddle)
5. Get rid of the deadwood internationals (Henderson, Harwood, etc) although I'd keep Quiney as a backup, he's got some upside.

:cool:

popepouri

State Vice-Captain

There were question marks from the beginning when they lost to a poor Cobras side in the warmup game.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Indeedy. Warne's tactics are often non-existent, he merely sets a slightly unusual field and lets the batsman wonder what his plan is. Occasionally there's a method- instructing Yusuf to bowl slightly short to McCullum on leg stump was an excellent ploy- but sometimes he's definitely just being odd for the sake of being odd.

But hey, it works, and his reputation as a trickster helps him pull it off. Dhoni is a great exponent of the spoof-plan too.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
If Kings XI win this, it will be a Delhi-Chennai semi final.

Too bad Rajasthan lost. Almost went through and all credit to them the way they played with limited resources.