• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2009

Shri

Mr. Glass
I would be disappointed next year when IPL happens in India in batting roads. Murali will get hit and there wouldn't be many competitve games.

ret

International Debutant
oh boy, RR messed it up .... it would be fair to say that RR got it tactics horribly wrong in this game

first of all I cannot agree with the team they fielded for this crucial game, i.e. no Smith and then got in a good for nothing like Asnodkar ..... 2ndly, they had Ojha, Asnodkar and Niraj batting in the top 4!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So two of the semi-finalists from last year are pretty much out, unless Bangalore get thumped?

Awesome :)

pasag

RTDAS
If Bond is now on the market, Chennai should throw everything at him. They would have the most awesome, unbeatable IPL team if they could get him.

In other news, has anyone done calculations on how much Bangalore can't lose by tonight? Nervous times ahead.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watched my first IPL match in yonks last night. Shocked with how out of touch I am with the competition nowadays.

Last season I was so absorbed by it but this year the apathy has well and truly set in. Maybe being in India last year I couldn't help but get caught up in the buzz but I'm finding it hard to "get up" for most of these games.

Will definitely get some beers out and enjoy the semi's and final though but it's generally been a lot harder to be into it from Australia and I can see why a lot of people I talked to last year said they lost interest after the first couple of rounds.

Hope the Super Kings get up though. Started to jump on their bandwagon last season and was gutted for them when Balaji's wide bottled any chance they had of winning it.

JBH001

International Regular
If Bond is now on the market, Chennai should throw everything at him. They would have the most awesome, unbeatable IPL team if they could get him.

In other news, has anyone done calculations on how much Bangalore can't lose by tonight? Nervous times ahead.
Yes, the one thing Chennai do lack is an incisive and dependable fast bowler.

Shri

Mr. Glass
We have got Ntini. I dunno why he can't get into the team. Thushara instead of Ntini? Gimme a break.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Thushara can bat a bit.. maybe that tilted the scales.

Hope they can finally get rid of the dead wood in Oram for the crunch games. He just brings nothing for us.. Doesn't bowl, batting is not firing and not exactly the best iin the field even though he is pretty quick for a big guy.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Thushara can bat a bit.. maybe that tilted the scales.

Hope they can finally get rid of the dead wood in Oram for the crunch games. He just brings nothing for us.. Doesn't bowl, batting is not firing and not exactly the best iin the field even though he is pretty quick for a big guy.
Have Geaorge Bailey batting at 5 instead of Oram or Hussey at 4.

Matthew Hayden
Parthiv Patel
Subramaniam Badrinath
Suresh Raina (Hussey if Bailey doesn't play)
MS Dhoni
George Bailey (Raina if Hussey plays)
Albie Morkel
Jakati / Ashwin
Muthiah Muralitharan
L Balaji
Sudeep Tyagi / MS Gony

anoop4real

U19 12th Man
5 seconds

Five second all it took..... Sreesanth got all cameras focussed towards him..... bowling out Dhoni and making a run (victory run :P ) with some crap expressions. I am not sure what he was trying to show his country captain, may be trying to show Dhoni, what India is going to miss in world cup :P....... but truely speaking, it was a super delivery.

I think Sreesanth have more future in film industry.. he can move with Preethi Zinta and get into some movies :laugh:

biased indian

International Coach
if DC scoe 100 RCB have to score at least 32 and if DC score 150 they have to score 82+

if they bat first and score 100 should restrict DC to scoring those in 11 overs

and if they score 150 then DC have to score them in 11.2 to knock out RCB

so they are in semis almost..but ya anything can ahappen :ph34r:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Dhoni thinks of him highly and i won't be suprised if he gets selected after the world t20
as if we do not defend the title there will be some changes.
He doesn't like having him in the side. He has said that in a press conference openly. He said that he will not be trying to tell Sreesanth to calm down everytime he ****s up on the field and that he should act like a professional.

And with Bhajji in the side, Sreesanth's presence will not be good for the team atmosphere and chemistry.

Yesterday, during the IPL match, Raina went up to him and told Sreesanth this: "Don't abuse me". It was picked up on the microphone. He isn't anywhere close to a national call up if he is making enemies left, right and centre like this.

I am not too worried about him not playing for India atm.

pasag

RTDAS
if DC scoe 100 RCB have to score at least 32 and if DC score 150 they have to score 82+

if they bat first and score 100 should restrict DC to scoring those in 11 overs

and if they score 150 then DC have to score them in 11.2 to knock out RCB

so they are in semis almost..but ya anything can ahappen :ph34r:
Nice :)

Briony

International Debutant
Interesting that Albertus was finally dropped.

Warnie blamed the batting saying that RR's bowling and tactics were the best in the competition. He's being a bit disingenous here. He made some off bowling decisions and selections at times. I don't think his captaincy is as wonderful as he's trying to make out.

RR really missed Watson and Tanvir though the former may not have been as good as last year as he made runs in the middle east but relatively slowly. A lot of the players who performed well last year and evenhave been performing well on the international stage recently struggled. Tanvir probably would have enjoyed the bowling conditions in SA. They erred by relying on the likes of Harwood and the erratic one to support the ordinary Patel.

Last edited:

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
I hope Kyle Mills enjoyed his South African holiday.

Got paid over US$100k for it as well. Not bad for just bowling in the nets and carrying drinks.