• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbacks

International Captain
What a finish! Chaplin would be a relieved man after the earlier miss.

Another week of **** in the press for Wallace beckons

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****

ARGHHH! Lucky Rafa won last night to soothe the pain of that ending.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Indeed, tipped Richmond and Melbourne. Gutted.

Apparently Malthouse labelled Leroy Brown as having a fantastic year in his presser, surely he is taking the piss and it will be announced he is coaching Richmond tomorrow.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Indeed, tipped Richmond and Melbourne. Gutted.

Apparently Malthouse labelled Leroy Brown as having a fantastic year in his presser, surely he is taking the piss and it will be announced he is coaching Richmond tomorrow.
Yeah, said "he's been fantastic this year" in reference to how he's competed. Then said that he thought they were still in it till five minutes left in the game. That's why Crawf gave him the three worst on votes.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Wow we were dire today. Pretty gutting - days like this under Malthouse have been pretty rare. Very few positives to take out of it. Wood was ok, surely he has to stay in when Fraser returns as the second ruck? The only thing is that even in years when we've been quite good, Carlton normally beat us, and they've improved, so we're not necessarily going to be **** after this.

That said, getting the feeling it might be a long year from here now. We'll improve as key players come back in/regain fitness, but there are a few problems with the list and gameplan that have been present for a while, but which we were able to cover over. Whether that will remain the case going forward?

Said it last week, and think now, Mick shouldn't be sacked, but nor should his contract be renewed. I want Buckley in.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Bye Terry. Don't hate you like other Tigers supporters (actually thought you were a decent coach), but wtf were you doing recruiting Jarrod Oakley Nicholls?

EDIT: Apparently he's staying and the rumours are false. *shrugs*

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
How poor a show is Footy Classified these days? The whole contrived 'clashes' between Caroline Wilson and Craig Hutchence are ridiculous. I hate Hutchence with an absolute passion - the guy is a fat slob who lives in the gutter and just rakes muck for a living. Everytime someone else offers an opinion on the show he just yells at them in some ludicrous attempt to come across as "hard-hitting". The way he sulks about Sam interfering with his segment on TFS says it all really. Thought him screaming at Wilson in his funny falsetto voice about Lou Richards was quite funny actually, but in a laughing at him, not with him, kind of way.

The "One Week At a Time" show on One HD is much better - they actually talk about football and spare us the chest-thumping delusions that they ARE the game. Richo and Fraser were pretty good on that I thought, and Quarters is a better host than Garry Lyon. Robert Walls is a take it or leave it kind of thing, but he's got more cred as a commentator on the game than anyone on FC.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone rekon we can get within 7 goals of the saints?
Not being nasty, but no. Patty Ryder's done a mighty job covering for Hille to date, but you'd think he'd struggle against a big guy like Gardiner, and you need to clone him anyway, as I can't see anyone in your team but Ryder cramping Riewoldt at all. Seeing what their defence did to our forwards this week, I don't think Lloyd can kick enough to keep you competitive. I think you simply won't have the time or breathing space against the Saints intensity to play your running creative style, which is when you guys look at your best.
Have to apologise and say "wtf do I know". You guys were impressive against the Saints.

Redbacks

International Captain
The "One Week At a Time" show on One HD is much better - they actually talk about football and spare us the chest-thumping delusions that they ARE the game. Richo and Fraser were pretty good on that I thought, and Quarters is a better host than Garry Lyon. Robert Walls is a take it or leave it kind of thing, but he's got more cred as a commentator on the game than anyone on FC.
"One Week At a Time" is similar to The Couch on fox, some decent analysis and as you say they look for some trends to explain slumps/peaks etc. and also about where lists at football clubs are at. I think a team of Healy, Lethal/Bucks/Walls and Hird would be pretty awesome, Mike Sheehan can be a ****head, he's a journo at heart and lives in a short term dream world and loves to ignite a fire on a club in the dark side of the equalisation inherent in the system.

E.g. "I'm not sure were club .... is at currently (i.e. sack someone and give us a story)"
Healy: "They are clearly rebuilding Mike, there is a lean draft coming for 5 years and they have 10 players in the 0-50 game range, some good draft picks who are getting games and if players x,y,z have good pre-seasons and get to level A, q,r,s put on 5kgs and get fitter they will potentially...."
"Well I'm just not sure... (this **** won't write headlines) 8-)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
E.g. "I'm not sure were club .... is at currently (i.e. sack someone and give us a story)"
Healy: "They are clearly rebuilding Mike, there is a lean draft coming for 5 years and they have 10 players in the 0-50 game range, some good draft picks who are getting games and if players x,y,z have good pre-seasons and get to level A, q,r,s put on 5kgs and get fitter they will potentially...."
"Well I'm just not sure... (this **** won't write headlines) 8-)
Haha, that's a pretty good call. Pretty much every week, Sheehan and Healy have that exact conversation about one club.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yep, I've always loved Gerard Healy. One of my favourite commentators/expert opinions.

Highly disagree that Quarters is a better host than Gary Lyon though.

Status
Not open for further replies.