• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs Pakistan in UAE

pasag

RTDAS
3 marginal free hits given against Pak, could be the difference in the end. Symonds doing well, Akhtar bowling superbly, deserves a wicket.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Two good partnerships in this innings for Australia with Hopes/Watson and Symonds/Clarke. Has made all the difference.

I think Australia should bowl first as a matter of choice at the moment.

pasag

RTDAS
Afridi gets Symonds, bit too late though.

Easy win on paper but we really did struggle for almost every run.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Expect a rout from here one always knew once Aus hit their straps this Pak side will be easy pickings.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Aus wins series 1-1 on a personal note I feel Pak should dispose off mediocre talents like Butt, Rao and Ajmal if they are seriously looking to challenge for WC 2011

Fusion

Global Moderator
Our batting has got to improve if we have any chance of winning another game in this series. It was lucky that we batted last in the first game, or that would’ve been a loss as well. Also, not happy with Younis’ strategy in this game. He should’ve introduced the spinners earlier than he did. He let the batsmen settle in and get some early runs against the pacers, thereby doing away with what little pressure there was to score runs.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
A good win, despite another fine all-round game by Shahid Afridi.

I know it has been said before, but Symonds is so much better than Dave Hussey as an ODI player that it's not funny. Having Watson back helps, too. Bollinger and Bracken bowled well, too.

I'm not sure why they played Dave Hussey when Marcus North was in the wings.

Briony

International Debutant
Yeah, just goes to show much class Symonds is in the format. Makes so much difference to this lineup. Meanwhile Clarke at the other end...
He's hardly scored a run all summer though. With the form he was in there was no guarantee he would have made a difference.

pasag

RTDAS
He's hardly scored a run all summer though. With the form he was in there was no guarantee he would have made a difference.
There's no guarantees of anything, but Symonds is an all-time great ODI batsman and you don't just write them off after a poor season which was marred by personal issues. The possible rewards, like we saw last night, were too great to just ignore.

Howsie

International Captain
So the great Andrew Symonds is back:unsure, :unsure:

He is going to have to put a few more performances with the bat to show me he is back to his best, although it's good to see him in the runs.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Our batting has got to improve if we have any chance of winning another game in this series. It was lucky that we batted last in the first game, or that would’ve been a loss as well. Also, not happy with Younis’ strategy in this game. He should’ve introduced the spinners earlier than he did. He let the batsmen settle in and get some early runs against the pacers, thereby doing away with what little pressure there was to score runs.
Fawad Alam for Rao makes more sense also Malik and Younis have to step up.