• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs Pakistan in UAE

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Umar Gul is a knob on the field? First I've heard of it. Out of the current team I'd say Afridi is the best candidate for knobbery.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan to bat. They just have the one change as people said before. Australia have Dussey in for Marsh, but also Bollinger and Laughlin in for Hilfenhaus and Clark, which is a little strange.

gunner

U19 Cricketer
2 sixes vs that attack and that too at 16 years old?
the rest of the batting order didnt get a sniff so i would call that brutal.

you do know that a innings thats over 200 in strike rate isnt the only definition for brutal.
like hayden,
he can hit 1 6 in his innings but it will be brutal

inbox24

International Debutant
So many shocking decisions! They bring in Clark for one game and drop him straight away! What's that going to achieve? Should have rested Bracken who's lost his mojo and his wicket taking ability and brought in Laughlin for him.

Xuhaib

International Coach

you do know that a innings thats over 200 in strike rate isnt the only definition for brutal.
like hayden,
He is just average no need to wet your pants.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

like hayden,
I also know that if someone has a strike-rate of 79 and scores a mere 35 in a game where the opposition have gone over 7 runs an over, isn't particularly notable or indeed an accurate description of smashing an attack.

Also, if he was 16 at the time, Afridi is 29 and the evergreen, Umar Gul is 25 (despite being 24 at the last Champions Trophy, 3 years ago)...

Postmanpat

Cricket Spectator
Why on earth is Hilfenhaus out for bollinger/laughlin?

Last few games he was starting to look the part of an international bowler, and replacing him with one debutant and one with three games under his belt. They were sticking with hilfy and it was starting to pay off, dumping him like this won't do him or the team any good.

Are the selectors insane or am I missing something? (And looking like a fool in the process?)

Fake edit: Just thought that the selectors might not be treating this series with as much respect as they should be, and using it to trial new players. If this is the case they are insane, we'll not be able to beat teams with our eyes closed any more.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I also know that if someone has a strike-rate of 79 and scores a mere 35 in a game where the opposition have gone over 7 runs an over, isn't particularly notable or indeed an accurate description of smashing an attack.

Also, if he was 16 at the time, Afridi is 29 and the evergreen, Umar Gul is 25 (despite being 24 at the last Champions Trophy, 3 years ago)...
Gul was listed 19 on debut in 2003 and this Afridi overage issue is overstated the guy made his debut 13 years back and still looks like he can go for half a dozen years I would say he was overage by not more then a year or two.