• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
(Y) Lions, first win over Sydney in 5 years. Can't believe Sherman kicked straight enough to get 3 tho'!! Hopefully it will signal a return to the goal-kicking form he displayed in his first 2 years of footy.

Huge loss if the Berger is out for an extended period though. Charman really needs to lift his game if that is the case

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Swans were terrible. As much as I love Roos he really hasn't produced a team that adapts well. We didn't play to the conditions at all, while Lions looked very comfortable (:ph34r:) in the wet. Quick handballs were always going to come unstuck, while bombing it long was always going to be the best route to goal.

Even then you guys creamed us at the stoppages, won most of the contested ball, and did well enough in the ruck. Thought Jolly would have a field day when I heard your were using your second string ruckman. EDIT: Most importantly though, you kicked straight.

Wish we had gotten something for ROK in the off season. He really doesn't look interested.

Anyone else see Goodes bring up his dinner? :-O Classy tv!

Last edited:

cameeel

International Captain
Code:
[B][U]CW Tipping '09 - Round 3[/U][/B]

Pasag - 18
James90 - 17
SuperKD - 17
BoyBrumby - 17
Jono - 17
Sam_Vimes - 17
Simon - 17
Voltman - 17
Alternative - 17
Ausage - 16
Cameeel - 16
Clapo - 15
MikeW - 14
NewZT - 14
Sir B.I - 14
Howardj - 12
DCYE - 12
Josh - 12
Heath DS - 11
Vic_Orthodox - 10
Hoggy - 10
99* - 6
. Adjusted for 'bonus' points
. Pasag retains the lead
. High score for Round 3 was 6/8, achieved by 11 tippers

Josh

International Regular
Richmond werent THAT bad, dogges kicked a few late. Tambling should never play AFL footy again however.
No. We were terrible. Skill errors, not manning up in the BACK LINE, which is what they are employed to do, and missing easy shots at goal.

We were absolute tripe. Tambling was below tripe, though. The new Tivendale.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Lions vs. Magpies
Hawks vs. Power
Swans vs. Blues
Saints vs. Dockers
Crows vs. Cats
Kangaroos vs. Bombers
Tigers vs. Demons
Eagles vs. Bulldogs

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lions vs. Magpies
Hawks vs. Power
Swans vs. Blues
Saints vs. Dockers
Crows vs. Cats
Kangaroos vs. Bombers
Tigers vs. Demons
Eagles vs. Bulldogs

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Lions vs. Magpies
Hawks vs. Power
Swans vs. Blues
Saints vs. Dockers
Crows vs. Cats
Kangaroos vs. Bombers
Tigers vs. Demons
Eagles vs. Bulldogs

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Lions vs. Magpies
Hawks vs. Power
Swans vs. Blues
Saints vs. Dockers
Crows vs. Cats
Kangaroos vs. Bombers
Tigers vs. Demons
Eagles vs. Bulldogs

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Brisbane
Hawthorn
Carlton
St Kilda
Geelong
Essendon
Richmond
Footscray

I can't remember a Friday night game ever being played at The Gabba. It ****s me because we get Lions games live on free-to-air. I liked watching two games of NRL (7:30 to 11:30) then the first half of the AFL (11:30-1:00) before going to sleep. Now I've got the AFL on at the same time as the NRL. How do people with Foxtel cope?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Lions vs. Magpies - hopefully Vossy really gets them up against the Pies.
Hawks vs. Power - Power against a side that likes the hard ball. Nah.
Swans vs. Blues - Swans have a super record against the Blues, will stick with it.
Saints vs. Dockers - if Freo win, then the only person who'll get this tip is the Kiss of Death.
Crows vs. Cats - Crows often bounce back after a loss, and everyone writing them off.
Kangaroos vs. Bombers - big test for the Kangas. Traditionally, win a game like this, after getting trounced and an in-house controversy. Good chance to see where this group is at.
Tigers vs. Demons - Demons to spring their first surprise?
Eagles vs. Bulldogs - Eagles are a bottom two side, and Bullys are suited to the expanses of Subi.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lions vs. Magpies
Hawks vs. Power
Swans vs. Blues
Saints vs. Dockers
Crows vs. Cats
Kangaroos vs. Bombers
Tigers vs. Demons
Eagles vs. Bulldogs

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Brisbane vs. Collingwood
Hawthorn vs. Port Adelaide
Sydney vs. Carlton
St Kilda vs. Fremantle
Adelaide vs. Geelong
North Melbourne vs. Essendon
Richmond vs. Melbourne
West Coast vs. Footscray

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Brisbane vs. Collingwood
Hawthorn vs. Port Adelaide
Sydney vs. Carlton
St Kilda vs. Fremantle
Adelaide vs. Geelong
North Melbourne vs. Essendon - Welss and possibly Zeibell out, Laidley has no plan, especially to deal with pacey teams like Essendon (See Port), barring a massive turn around, he doesn't have long left.
Richmond vs. Melbourne
West Coast vs. Footscray

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.