• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I would play Jeet Raval before I would play Peter Ingram, Did you see his dismisal yesterday it was horrible.
Dismissal was horrible, but so were the scoring shots. Instead of playing the cut and pull Ingram seems to play the stand-front-on-and-swat-to-leg-or-off shot. I can't say I know a huge amount about batting but can readily guess that he wouldn't do much at international level.

In saying that, have no idea who should partner Guptill for the next series.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Dismissal was horrible, but so were the scoring shots. Instead of playing the cut and pull Ingram seems to play the stand-front-on-and-swat-to-leg-or-off shot. I can't say I know a huge amount about batting but can readily guess that he wouldn't do much at international level.

Cumm on it shouldn't be that hard if you are thinking what I am thinking.

Howsie

International Captain

Yeah he looks like a village cricketer.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Nah you don't declare with a lead of 400 if you're 1-0 up.

But 500-525 was plenty.
Yeah, of course.
I'm just saying there is probably more merit to declaring with 450 lead than 600+

Anyways, a series win is a series win, I suppose.

Flem274*

123/5
I find it ironic that Howsie is abusing Ingram as a villiage cricketer whilst advocating one of the most useless left arm fast bowlers CD have played in years.

Ingram has scored hundreds, double hundreds. McClennaghan has had the odd good game and chucked pies at 145kmh in all the rest.

Jesus, Ingram is unlikely to be test class, thats true. But I'd back him to score more runs than Bell and McIntosh. If he didn't/doesn't, I'd be sticking pins in my McIntosh voodoo doll. Actualy, I'll be sticking nails in it.

Now, after we've clamed down and wiped the blood off our noses (courtesy of India and certain jerking knees), lets all have a discussion on what to do for SL. Personally I wouldn't make too many changes, the only change being finding the best opener for playing spin in the country. None of the current crop are good enough to play everywhere, but some have strengths in certain areas.

Middle order remains largely unchanged, depending on what we want to do with Franklin.

Howsie

International Captain
The team for Sri Lanka:

1.Redmond
2.Guptill
3.Flynn
4.Taylor
5.Ryder(Bowling Option)
6.Oram
7.McCullum
8.Vettori
9.Patel
10.O'Brien
11.Martin

12.Franklin

Athlai

Not Terrible
If he can manage that I'll be ecstatic and he'll be our best opener since Richardson!
NZ openers since 2005 (against top 8 teams, qualification 300 runs)

Richardson 527 runs @ 35.13
McIntosh 257 runs @ 32.12 (because of that one lucky innings against WI)
J Marshall 151 runs @ 30.20 (barely played)
Cumming 394 @ 28.14
Guptill 136 @ 27.20

Oh look Cumming arguably is the best opener since Richardson.

Flem274*

123/5
NZ openers since 2005 (against top 8 teams, qualification 300 runs)

Richardson 527 runs @ 35.13
McIntosh 257 runs @ 32.12 (because of that one lucky innings against WI)
J Marshall 151 runs @ 30.20 (barely played)
Cumming 394 @ 28.14
Guptill 136 @ 27.20

Oh look Cumming arguably is the best opener since Richardson.
How did Marshall average 30?:blink:

Flem274*

123/5
The team for Sri Lanka:

1.Redmond
2.Guptill
3.Flynn
4.Taylor
5.Ryder(Bowling Option)
6.Oram
7.McCullum
8.Vettori
9.Patel
10.O'Brien
11.Martin

12.Franklin
Even though I always disagree with you, thats not a bad team. Redmond is arguable but it is the openers position....

Athlai

Not Terrible
I find it ironic that Howsie is abusing Ingram as a villiage cricketer whilst advocating one of the most useless left arm fast bowlers CD have played in years.

Ingram has scored hundreds, double hundreds. McClennaghan has had the odd good game and chucked pies at 145kmh in all the rest.

Jesus, Ingram is unlikely to be test class, thats true. But I'd back him to score more runs than Bell and McIntosh. If he didn't/doesn't, I'd be sticking pins in my McIntosh voodoo doll. Actualy, I'll be sticking nails in it.

Now, after we've clamed down and wiped the blood off our noses (courtesy of India and certain jerking knees), lets all have a discussion on what to do for SL. Personally I wouldn't make too many changes, the only change being finding the best opener for playing spin in the country. None of the current crop are good enough to play everywhere, but some have strengths in certain areas.

Middle order remains largely unchanged, depending on what we want to do with Franklin.
Would like to keep Franklin TBH, sliding him to 7 could be an option though.

How about:

Cumming/Ingram/McIntosh (that order)
Guptill
Flynn
Taylor
Ryder
Franklin/McCullum/Vettori
McCullum/Franklin/Vettori
Vettori/Franklin
Patel
O'Brien
Martin

12: Oram (for number 6)
13: is anybody else good?
14: Sinclair (may as well bring the bastard)
15: Bond (why not :ph34r: )