• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Bijuvnair

Cricket Spectator
@bhajji's picture: Good for his partner :happy: :p

Rain God saved NZ.
Umpiring standards were not up to the mark in this series.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Would like to keep Franklin TBH, sliding him to 7 could be an option though.

How about:

Cumming/Ingram/McIntosh (that order)
Guptill
Flynn
Taylor
Ryder
Franklin/McCullum/Vettori
McCullum/Franklin/Vettori
Vettori/Franklin
Patel
O'Brien
Martin

12: Oram (for number 6)
13: is anybody else good?
14: Sinclair (may as well bring the bastard)
15: Bond (why not :ph34r: )
Seems pretty straightforward :p though if Oram is fit enough to be there then he'll obviously play, presumably in place of Franklin.

Could always take a spare opener (I'm psychicly picking up NZ selector thoughts which are that Aaron Redmond also bowls legspin) and we'll also need another seamer in case Martin or O'Brien break down. Hopefully Mills will have some fitness and form by then and he can go.

Also backup for McCullum and his unreliable knees. Can we pick someone other than Hopkins please?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Test Series XI

Gambhir 445 @ 89

He was absolutely phenomenal and saved India in the 2nd match, and was solid throughout. A star for the future.

Guptill 136 @ 27.20/ Sehwag 140 @ 28

Both will be disappointed as they both threw away early starts throughout the series. Nothing between them.

Dravid 314 @ 62.80

No hundreds for Dravid but the order of the day was consistency from the wall, always got his team to a stable start.

Tendulkar 344 @ 68.80

The little master was on fire throughout the series and never looked like getting out. That 160 will be remembered in New Zealand for years to come.

Ryder 327 @ 65.40

WAG, almost led NZ to unlikely victory in Napier with a brilliant 201. Was also surprisingly sharp with the ball and in the field, though he did disappoint with the bat slightly in Wellington.

Laxman 295 @ 73.75

He was exquisite to watch throughout the series and helped India craft some big totals. Personally I was wishing for his head throughout the whole series, a constant annoyance to the NZ bowling effort which only gives credit to how good he was.

McCullum 232 @ 46.40

Really schooled Dhoni in terms of keeping throughout the series, his catch off Dravid was stuff of legend. A good showing with the bat too as he finally racked up a 100 against a top Test team.

Harbhajan Singh 94 @ 23.50, 16 W @ 21.37

An annoyance with the bat in Wellington and by far the best bowler of the series. The little Twerp was wonderful with the ball in unhelpful conditions.

Zaheer Khan 110 @ 55, 13 W @ 30.76

A match winning spell in Wellington and maybe even a match winning knock at the tail to push India up to a solid 379 after looking shaky. Was solid throughout.

Jeetan Patel 4 W @ 45

Something kind of sad about New Zealands second best bowler only getting one match. He bowled entirely without luck in Napier despite being easily the most threatening bowler in the match and should rightfully be peeved off that he was dropped for Southee in Wellington. Could have easily came out of Napier with 8 wickets.

Martin 14 @ 32.71

A great comeback series for the Phantom, he was solid and took wickets in a very high scoring series.

He also scored a 4.

Notable Omissions:

Taylor 322 @ 64.40

Great series yet outplayed by the Indian batting juggernaut.

Dhoni 155 @ 77.50

The winning captain made some questionable calls in his field placements (particularly in Wellington) and had a poor series with the gloves, with the bat? He was business as usual.

Vettori 220 @ 55 7W @ 52.28

The losing captain didn't have his best series though was handy down the order, particularly in the series opener. He was however outbowled by Jeetan Patel in terms of spin bowling for New Zealand.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
So, 1-0 series win to India. Doesn't sound very emphatic but it was.

Disappointed NZ couldn't put away the game in Napier but a tied series wouldn't have really reflected the performances. We're now very firmly anchored at the bottom of the test rankings, well below even the Windies (though that's a little annoying, as but for some awful weather and a rubbish 2-match schedule NZ would have beaten the Windies at home recently. Still, they held on to beat England and we didn't).

Erm, so the only way is up...

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It'll rain tonight, meaning a late start, and play won't go past 5pm even if its clear all day due to light. And it may even rain tomorrow. Draw is great odds too. Bet away lads.
Good work Athlai :). Glad i took that tip. I'll never doubt you again.

Well, I might.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow, didn't realise how good Bhajji's figures were this series. Nice contributions with the bat too, but I think I love Gambhir more than ever now. People were always giving it the "needs to do it overseas" stuff but he came through here. Next it'll be making some runs in England and South Africa but I think he can do that too.