• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Howsie

International Captain
God no.

Order of openers:

Guptill - lets keep him

next:

Cumming
Ingram
McIntosh
Papps
Bell
Flynn
Southee
Redmond

Ingram lol, he is rubbish. Worse technique then McIntosh. I would agree with Southee though, wouldn't mind seeing him tee-off a few sixes at the start of a innings. But why not give Redmond another go, he palyed what seven tests. And he had the same avearge as the GREAT Jamie How who was given countless chances.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Ingram lol, he is rubbish. Worse technique then McIntosh. I would agree with Southee though, wouldn't mind seeing him tee-off a few sixes at the start of a innings. But why not give Redmond another go, he palyed what seven tests. And he had the same avearge as the GREAT Jamie How who was given countless chances.
Oh I forgot How slide him in before Papps.

Ingram deserves a chance like all the other high scoring NZ openers to prove he isn't Test class.

I was joking about Southee.

Redmond in FC and Test cricket together this season averages like 30. He isn't even on the radar anymore.

Haha O'Brien has more runs than McIntosh this series now.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ingram lol, he is rubbish. Worse technique then McIntosh.
You're advocating McClenaghan now, therefore I take as much notice of what you say as I do of the rotting corpse of Jade Goody. Every post from you, I just see as "blah, blah, blah".

duffer

If the rain doesn't stop and we get a draw it serves Dhoni right for delaying the declaration so much. Ah well, would've liked 2-0 but I would've taken a series win before the start anyways.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If the rain doesn't stop and we get a draw it serves Dhoni right for delaying the declaration so much. Ah well, would've liked 2-0 but I would've taken a series win before the start anyways.
Yeah. Dhoni's declaration was annoyingly late.

That being said, this match is as good as won, and we managed to draw the 2nd test without the weather helping, suggesting a great tour/series. :)

martin88

Banned
I think Dhoni has been spot on so far, except for getting caught up in Sachin mania and allowing him to bowl atleast 2-3 overs than he should have. And delayed the new ball also. But overall I would give him pass mark considering atleast a full day's play was lost due to poor scheduling and bad weather in this test match, despite which India reduced NZ to something for 8 wickets in the last innings.

Howsie

International Captain
Oh I forgot How slide him in before Papps.

Ingram deserves a chance like all the other high scoring NZ openers to prove he isn't Test class.

I was joking about Southee.

Redmond in FC and Test cricket together this season averages like 30. He isn't even on the radar anymore.

Haha O'Brien has more runs than McIntosh this series now.
I would play Jeet Raval before I would play Peter Ingram, Did you see his dismisal yesterday it was horrible.

duffer

Can't see how he's been spot on seeing as though we would have been laffin' with 100 runs less. Thought it was too defensive and now we could possibly pay the price.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Haha yeah, he deserves the chance to one day say to his grandchildren 'I played for New Zealand once upon a time', then conveniently go deaf when they ask him if he ever scored a hundred, or a fifty... and then mumble something about 'cricket was a different game in those days...' when young Jimmy looks him up on the Cricinfozzz2050 website and finds he averaged 12 from 9 innings with a highest score of 23.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
But overall I would give him pass mark considering atleast a full day's play was lost due to poor scheduling and bad weather in this test match
I believe the Indian team was approached regarding rescheduling play to start at 10am for the last 3 days of the Test, but they didn't want any of it.

duffer

I believe the Indian team was approached regarding rescheduling play to start at 10am for the last 3 days of the Test, but they didn't want any of it.
Yeah, either way the scheduling is a moot point, we could've given ourselves more time to get the 10 wickets but faffed on for 50-100 runs too long.