• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, I found it odd, but let's not all dress up in the funereal robes and take ourselves so seriously. If the batsmen had no problem with it (and it appears they didn't), who really cares?

Craig

World Traveller
I know Franklin has a Test 100, but I'm really starting to see the value he has with the bat and what he can bring to the team. I know heh as been going great for Wellington with the bat in the last few seasons, but as he always from the outset being a good batsman or has been in the last several years he put his down and got the most out of himself with the bat?

Athlai

Not Terrible
I know Franklin has a Test 100, but I'm really starting to see the value he has with the bat and what he can bring to the team. I know heh as been going great for Wellington with the bat in the last few seasons, but as he always from the outset being a good batsman or has been in the last several years he put his down and got the most out of himself with the bat?
Always had the talent but only in the last few years has he really focused on his batting. To great effect this year.

Howsie

International Captain
Who else agrees that Jeetan Patel should play in every single test NZ play. Vettori looks less and less threating every game. Look at how well Singh has bowled in this game.

Howsie

International Captain
Who else agrees that Jeetan Patel should play in every single test NZ play. Vettori looks less and less threating every game. Look at how well Singh has bowled in this game.
I'm not a big fan of Vettori in test matches, doesn't spin it enough to be a strong enough threat. But in saying that Patel isn't the greatest off-spinner going around. He could get better if he is given more game time though.

Howsie

International Captain
Yeah if Patel got a long decent run in the team he would end up playing alot better, Vettori has to be the all-rounder of the test team I feel.

Howsie

International Captain
What about Oram though, and Franklin even though I don't rate him.

Martin
O'Brien
Franklin/Oram
Patel
Vettori

Batting

7.Oram/Franklin
8.Vettori
9.Patel
10.O'Brien
11.Martin

That team could take 20 wickets I feel, they would need some help from the pitch though. Ryder could also chip in with a few overs.

Athlai

Not Terrible
It'll rain tonight, meaning a late start, and play won't go past 5pm even if its clear all day due to light. And it may even rain tomorrow. Draw is great odds too. Bet away lads.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It'll rain tonight, meaning a late start, and play won't go past 5pm even if its clear all day due to light. And it may even rain tomorrow. Draw is great odds too. Bet away lads.
I'm thinking if they do get out at any stage conditions will be perfect for Zaheer to hoop it round in circles and run through NZ pretty quickly.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'm thinking if they do get out at any stage conditions will be perfect for Zaheer to hoop it round in circles and run through NZ pretty quickly.
Really I think we're looking at 2 hours of play and in that case we have Taylor, Franklin, Vettori and McCullum (and O'Briens defensive technique) to drag us over the line. India barely even looks interested in winning this.

Uppercut

Really I think we're looking at 2 hours of play and in that case we have Taylor, Franklin, Vettori and McCullum (and O'Briens defensive technique) to drag us over the line. India barely even looks interested in winning this.
Alright, you've sold me. But if you spoil my 100% 2009 record, i'll be angry.

martin88

Banned
Why the hell didn't India attack? Its going to rain tomorrow, that ready to just draw a match while so firmly on top?

Hardly a champions mentality.
NZ were down 80-4, and I think that meant India did attack. However the last hour of play really perplexed because it was as if they were playing for the sake of it. The intensity was lacking and things became farcical when Sehwag was bowling. Perhaps it was the light. But I still think India will win this comfortably tomorrow, provided rain stays away.

And 166-4 is a score which any team will take defending 617 with a day to go.

African Monkey

U19 Vice-Captain
I'm not a big fan of Vettori in test matches, doesn't spin it enough to be a strong enough threat. But in saying that Patel isn't the greatest off-spinner going around. He could get better if he is given more game time though.
Yeah I don't rate either of them in the test arena tbh. Give Nethula a go.

biased indian

International Coach
it was really surprising to see that ishath was bowling with 2 slip NZ was 96-4 then and taylor edged a four through 4 th slip..and we where having a mid wicket at that time !!!!! ..we might win it tommorrow but the attitude was not great today there is lot of difference between 1-0 and 2-0 for me

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My god there's some knee jerkers on here. Nethula? McClenaghan?

I saw a 5 year old with a solid technique a while back, maybe we should get him to open.

Seriously, get a grip.

The 12 (including Patel) we have at the moment (excluding McIntosh) and maybe replacing Southee is the best available at the moment. Unless Oram hardens up, he's no longer a test match option.

This team has real promise. Maybe its time to get behind them, eh?

Days of Grace

International Captain
First up, they have to show some guts, and not give their wickets away when batting. If they get a draw tomorrow, they might have earned back some respect from me.

The bowling is a real worry. Has all the penetration of an 80 year-old priest.

Uppercut

First up, they have to show some guts, and not give their wickets away when batting. If they get a draw tomorrow, they might have earned back some respect from me.

The bowling is a real worry. Has all the penetration of an 80 year-old priest.
Cliche #231. What constitutes giving their wickets away? Getting out while trying to score runs? How, err, awful...