• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
i think we should press home any 1st innings advantage by batting the 3rd innings, building a substantial lead and taking nz out of any realistic chance of a win...then a 4th innings on a wearing pitch would be even more lethal especially because nz would definitely take a riskier approach by going for broke...if we let them bat again now and they bat well enough to build a deceptively small looking lead, it could be a tricky 4th innings chase for us...
I know it is a safer and more cautious approach but I like the more attacking approach. I know exactly what you mean though.

ret

International Debutant
India shouldn't enforce a follow on, if it has the opportunity to do so .... it would be like stealing a chance from Sehwag to smash a quick 100 :p

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
lol......hes gt about as much chance as southee doing that
No. Sehwag definitely has a higher chance to score a quick fire 100 than Southee. He also has a higher possibility of falling to an attacking shot mind but he is one of the better test players around. If you would back any one to get a quick fire hundred in cricket, it would be Sehwag.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Indeed. It is baffling to see Yuvraj start the session when Munaf has bowled only 5 overs.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Loving Southee v Zaheer. Southee on top at the moment after despatching the last ball to the boundary.