• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Flem274*

123/5
Yuvraj Singh's Test career should be done after this. I dont believe India has produced a worse test batsman than him.
Depressingly, there have been worse than Yuvraj, Hamish Marshall and other constantly picked wastes of space picked.

R_D

International Debutant
Yuvraj Singh's Test career should be done after this. I dont believe India has produced a worse test batsman than him.
Hopefully that's the end of yuvraj....Still has one more innings to get a 50 n secure his place for another couple of test matches.
Jeez badrinath must be having a laugh at home...

thierry henry

International Coach
Smith and Crowe are morons, morons, morons. That was clearly given out lbw. And at the end of the day, it was pretty unlucky.

tbh I thought it was out live, I thought it swung, but hawkeye says no

Flem274*

123/5
Smith and Crowe are morons, morons, morons. That was clearly given out lbw. And at the end of the day, it was pretty unlucky.

tbh I thought it was out live, I thought it swung, but hawkeye says no
Smiths OK, but I'm enjoying watching Crowe's favourite (after Taylor), McIntosh, fail epically.

thierry henry

International Coach
tbh both Gambhir and Yuvi have been a bit unlucky

Both looked plumb but I think that's because you can't pick up from front on the fact that both batsmen were either advancing or batting out of their crease.

thierry henry

International Coach
Smith now calling Tendulkar's innings "weird". Hypocritical nonce. Tendulkar was playing beautifully and played one bad shot.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
No working stream. What is the wicket looking like? Are New Zealand in a good position? I did read the wicket would be good for batting.

thierry henry

International Coach
No working stream. What is the wicket looking like? Are New Zealand in a good position? I did read the wicket would be good for batting.
The wicket is good for batting. It is flat, the only advantage for the bowlers is that it has a good even grass covering, so the pace is ok and the ball is staying in good condition.

Gambhir and Yuvi missed straight(ish) ones, Tendulkar, Laxman and Sehwag had a fiddle outside off at wide-ish ones that didn't really do anything.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Close! Well that was definately our session, though I have to say I'd feel much better if Jimmy had started his run up 1cm further back.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah, I don't really get it either. Hoggard's got him six times in nine Tests, and he only averages 13.6 in innings he's been dismissed by Hoggard in. There's actually one bowled and one lbw in the mix though so Hoggard I guess outsmarted him to an extent.
I distinctly remember Hoggard bowling plenty of inswing to Sehwag when he was in India..

Polo23

International Debutant
Can't believe India have thrown away such a good position. 500 looked an almost certainty on this pitch. If NZ can bowl them out for less than 400 we may have a game on our hands.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
tbh both Gambhir and Yuvi have been a bit unlucky

Both looked plumb but I think that's because you can't pick up from front on the fact that both batsmen were either advancing or batting out of their crease.
For Yuvraj admit I haven't seen it, but can almost guarantee that the exact same ball to the right hander wouldn't have been given. Rightly or wrongly umpires just tend to err on the side of 'OUT' on the offstump and 'NOT OUT' on the leg stump.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
wait till his second innings 100...

Going by the 2nd innings runs > 1st innings runs theory, Yuvraj should be one of the best batsmen in the world in test cricket ATM.. :p

Just shows you how much wrong those generalizations can be. :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'll take a loss here if it means the selectors will finally put an end to the Yuvraj disgrace.

Tendulkar's shot was terrible, and Sehwag threw it away too, as usual. We really should never have been in this position.