• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Evermind

International Debutant
Jesse after a night out on the tiles of sporting history? Rather than his hand through a window, he gets the black/silver fern wedged through his head.
What Ryder would look like if they pumped alcohol out of his system overnight. Jesus the guy's put on the pounds hasn't he.

Evermind

International Debutant
To be frank he has one of the most hilarious and interesting faces in international cricket.

Looks forlorn and melancholic here. Dreaming of the faraway stars. It's such an absurd photograph!

Howsie

International Captain
Nooooooooooooooooooo, Jesse Ryder has signed up with Grey Nichols. I think he was using the double-sided bat.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Greeeeeeeeen

Will keep ya updated though.
Your source? Opposite to what I heard on the radio yesterday when they picked NZ would play two spinners again.

I hope you're btw, It would piss me off if its another flat surface. I mean any other International team in the world would ensure its a result wicket if they were down 0-1 in a 3 match series (even if India still would still be favourites on a green top.)

I suppose NZ cricket is more concerned with not upsetting the PCCI as usual and ensuring it suits the Indian's :dry:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
While I agree that the home side should prepare wickets that suit their strengths I am amazed at how many people think NZL are preparing batting tracks to please BCCI. This is preposterous. I wonder if Kiwi fans realise that this, if true which is not even remotely likely, reflects much more poorly on New Zealand than it does on BCCI.

I am surprised such a "come-screw-us-we-are-willing" attitude is not making NZL make turning tracks. That should really please BCCI one would think.

Is it possible that NZL are not sure of what their strengths are? They may not have as much confidence in their pacers as their fans seem to have and maybe even less on their batsmen on such conditions.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
While I agree that the home side should prepare wickets that suit their strengths I am amazed at how many people think NZL are preparing batting tracks to please BCCI. This is preposterous. I wonder if Kiwi fans realise that this, if true which is not even remotely likely, reflects much more poorly on New Zealand than it does on BCCI.

I am surprised such a "come-screw-us-we-are-willing" attitude is not making NZL make turning tracks. That should really please BCCI one would think.

Is it possible that NZL are not sure of what their strengths are? They may not have as much confidence in their pacers as their fans seem to have and maybe even less on their batsmen on such conditions.
Good points,SJS.. But why let small matters like common sense get in the way of a good nice whinge? :p

Athlai

Not Terrible
Your source? Opposite to what I heard on the radio yesterday when they picked NZ would play two spinners again.

I hope you're btw, It would piss me off if its another flat surface. I mean any other International team in the world would ensure its a result wicket if they were down 0-1 in a 3 match series (even if India still would still be favourites on a green top.)

I suppose NZ cricket is more concerned with not upsetting the PCCI as usual and ensuring it suits the Indian's :dry:
My source is my living next to the Basin and watching the preparation of the pitch. Its still amazingly green.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Vettori has stated that he wants a bit of green in the wicket.

So the groundsman prepares a wicket without a hint of green in it. The Indians were reported as being "very pleased" with the wicket when they inspected it yesterday.

What does that tell you?

Make no mistake: NZC is the BCCI's little bitch.

Zinzan

SJS - perhaps I'm being a touch cynical in suggesting this, but I can't for the life of me think of any other reason they wouldn't dig-up part of a farm and lay in down in Wellington given the fact we're 0-1 down, unless they view a 0-1 series result to be sufficient

Zinzan

My source is my living next to the Basin and watching the preparation of the pitch. Its still amazingly green.
Righto, how close are you i.e would your garden hose stretch far enough for a sly sprinkle late Thursday night :tongue:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone else wandering along? I've got a night out on Thursday so once I sober up, I'll head along on Friday, and maybe Saturday. If you wanna meet, provide me with A/S/L, measurements and an idea for a roleplay.

Zinzan

Anyone else wandering along? I've got a night out on Thursday so once I sober up, I'll head along on Friday, and maybe Saturday. If you wanna meet, provide me with A/S/L, measurements and an idea for a roleplay.
Actually contemplating taking an annual leave day Friday & flying up from chch Thursday afternoon with a few lads. Where's a good drinking hole in Welly these days?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Depends what you're after - if you're a drunk gambler like myself, the Cambridge Hotel is good, otherwise anywhere down Courtenay Place will do the job to some extent.

If you do expect to head up, drop me an email on fruitipootang at hotmail.com and we'll try and catch up for a beer (come up with some strange backstory to tell your mates about how we know each other).

Zinzan

Depends what you're after - if you're a drunk gambler like myself, the Cambridge Hotel is good, otherwise anywhere down Courtenay Place will do the job to some extent.

If you do expect to head up, drop me an email on fruitipootang at hotmail.com and we'll try and catch up for a beer (come up with some strange backstory to tell your mates about how we know each other).
Lol, I'll just explain your my long-lost stalker. Will workout tomorrow whether I can delegate enough work out in a short space of time to make it, its 50/50 at this stage

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Vettori has stated that he wants a bit of green in the wicket.

So the groundsman prepares a wicket without a hint of green in it. The Indians were reported as being "very pleased" with the wicket when they inspected it yesterday.

What does that tell you?
That Indians were happy because NZ seems to love preparing flat pitches for no reason.

Flem274*

123/5

The majority of the fans think our seamers are ****, because they don't bowl fast and they watched the 300+ ODIs, so obviously they're right. Our batsmen however, are perfect because they can chase 300 in an ODI and set 600 on a flat test pitch, despite collapsing horribly everywhere else.

Pfft, can so tell I'm a bowler.

Btw, my little disclaimer: I rate our batsmen, and I especially rate Ryder and Guptill, but their current development, bar Ryder's, isn't anywhere near what I hear people outside of CW saying.

Btw, read Iain O'Briens blog. Pretty honest about the catch. Love how people coach him on how to bowl in the comments.:laugh: quite amusing.