• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Flem274*

123/5
SJS - perhaps I'm being a touch cynical in suggesting this, but I can't for the life of me think of any other reason they wouldn't dig-up part of a farm and lay in down in Wellington given the fact we're 0-1 down, unless they view a 0-1 series result to be sufficient
They can have some of my farm if it means a greentop. Would they like authentic poo too? They're spoilt for choice: cow****, horse****, dog****, cat****, stray cat **** and rabbit ****.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yea, obviously the Indians would be happy. NZ are preparing pitches that the Indians want out of fear of a non-existant threat. It'll be funny when India take exactly the same amount of time before the next tour after having flat pitches as they did after having greentops.

Flem274*

123/5
Whilst I easily get bored on Facebook, I have joined a group of 205 other people who demand Pinga becomes the next test opener. :D to quote the group "McIntosh can **** off!"

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
SJS - perhaps I'm being a touch cynical in suggesting this, but I can't for the life of me think of any other reason they wouldn't dig-up part of a farm and lay in down in Wellington given the fact we're 0-1 down, unless they view a 0-1 series result to be sufficient
I think the only thing that might (just might as a lottery does at times) work is to make an unplayable track which reduces the gap between a great batting side and a moderate one by bringing everyone down to a common denominator.

That is really what NZL did last time India were there. The only difference this time is that India's bowling (pacers) is better while Kiwi batting is not better than that time.

So maybe its a chance they would like to take.

I would personally rate New Zealand's chances better if they tried some different tactics. I am surprised that they haven't tried leg side bowling to Sachin (Vettori bowling like Giles) and bouncers on the off stump to Gambhir.

One also gets the feeling that Vettori is under awe of this Indian batting side. That needs to be corrected first. Preparing a bowlers wicket is not the way to tackle your fear of a big total.

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
Ideas for a banner?

Also if Welly CW members want a catch up beer at the game or otherwise over the weekend I'd be keen, even if meeting total strangers from a net forum can at times tend towards the 'weird' side of things :ph34r:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll be there Saturday arvo and probably all day Sunday. Probably.

Would be good to put a few faces to names.

That was faces not faeces for any sharp-tongued wags out there.

Maximus0723

State Regular
Ideas for a banner?

Also if Welly CW members want a catch up beer at the game or otherwise over the weekend I'd be keen, even if meeting total strangers from a net forum can at times tend towards the 'weird' side of things :ph34r:
Just write something about CW.

Obviously you can write other jacks*it if u want.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Will be there (though maybe not tomorrow, have an assignment due) with a "O'Brilliant" banner, and maybe something about Jeets or Ryder.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
isn't this place supposed to be difficult to bat on?
So what. It is still possible. The pitch is not supposed to be green. Even if it is green, it is not impossible. Will be an awesome feet if he achieves it odds stacked up against him or not.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I fully expect Kerry Prendergast has carried out her threat from over the past few years and directly joined the Mount Victoria Tunnel with Buckle Street, leaving the wicket at the Basin being a good few inches of asphalt.

It'll still be better for the bowlers than Napier.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Frankly, if New Zealand do come up with a bowler friendly wicket and India cant cope with it, we need to at least ask some people to reassess this "greatest Indian side of al times" tag with some important qualifications.

Why should we, the Indian fans, be defensive about a seaming track, swerving conditions etc unless our "greatest batting line up" and "most balanced attack" is not what we make it out to be ?

Bring it on Kiwis. We are ready for business . . . er. . . well we think we are . . . is it not ? :blink:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Frankly, if New Zealand do come up with a bowler friendly wicket and India cant cope with it, we need to at least ask some people to reassess this "greatest Indian side of al times" tag with some important qualifications.

Why should we, the Indian fans, be defensive about a seaming track, swerving conditions etc unless our "greatest batting line up" and "most balanced attack" is not what we make it out to be ?

Bring it on Kiwis. We are ready for business . . . er. . . well we think we are . . . is it not ? :blink:
Yes we are ready for a green top imo. We have hown by winning at Perth that we can handle difficult conditions. Time and again our seam bowling has been better than the opposition's in bowler friendly conditions. I wont call this the greatest Indian side yet but bring it on as you say.

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer

NZ does not have the courage to produce a greentop against india,I have a good laugh
after every match when vettori says we need some more pace and bounce in the wicket
and the next wicket we get is flatter.

Athlai

Not Terrible
NZ does not have the courage to produce a greentop against india,I have a good laugh
after every match when vettori says we need some more pace and bounce in the wicket
and the next wicket we get is flatter.
Napier is always a road mate. No one was ever expecting it to be a good bowling wicket. Hamilton tends to be flat as well.

The Basin? Some honest runs there but always something for the bowlers too.
Overall NZ have averaged 30.2 at this ground while India 21.4

Napier?
NZ 36.65
India 49.52

Hamilton?
NZ 33.28
India 34.54