• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Days of Grace

International Captain
The last Australian team to tour Sri Lanka was a lot different, esp. in the bowling department.

If the current Australian team toured Sri Lanka next month, I wouldn't fancy their chances.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
We were off to Zimbabwe, but that is not going to happen. So we will be Mendis's bitch in August and September when we play a staggering 3 Tests (:stretcher) and 5 ODIs in Sri Lanka.

3 Tests against Sri Lanka? I don't feel so good.
Mendis was handled pretty well last couple of times India played him. There is a lot more footage on him now. I think Aussies will be all right.

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
I just realised that after this series, NZ are only gonna have 3 more tests this whole year, really dissapointing. This is due mainly because of the postponments of both Zimbabwe and Pakistan tours. New Zealand cricket has to get on to this.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
The last Australian team to tour Sri Lanka was a lot different, esp. in the bowling department.

If the current Australian team toured Sri Lanka next month, I wouldn't fancy their chances.
Why not, I think they are well equipped to Play spin. Bowling is definately weaker though but so is SL bowling.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Why not, I think they are well equipped to Play spin. Bowling is definately weaker though but so is SL bowling.
Malinga is back though, him and M&M would pretty much dominate you'd think. In Sri Lanka anyway. Could you imagine Mendis and Murali in spinning conditions against the powers of Clarke Katich and McGains spinning?

Days of Grace

International Captain
I saw an quick clip of the groundsman at the Basin Reserve saying that it will be good for batting for hopefully take some turn on days 4 and 5.

So, basically, bending over the BCCI again.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Can someone please tell me of anyone from the BCCI giving anything remotely like an ultimatum, explicit or implied, to anyone in NZ? Where are the journos getting this from, I haven't seen a single person quoted, anonymously or otherwise, from NZ cricket board, who said such a thing occurred.

I'd really love to know, because as far as BCCI are concerned, they like giving out orders to prepare more seaming tracks at home (which everyone ignores) every year.

Krishna_j

U19 12th Man
I saw an quick clip of the groundsman at the Basin Reserve saying that it will be good for batting for hopefully take some turn on days 4 and 5.

What a load of drivel - am sure you must have been watching a re-run or maybe the kiwis want a slice of IPL :laugh::laugh: