• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Days of Grace

International Captain
Team for the 3rd Test

MacIntosh
Guptill
Flynn
Taylor
Ryder
Franklin
McCullum (wk)
Vettori (c)
Southee
O'Brien
Martin

Will Jimmy take a wicket in the series FFS?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
IMO, drop Franklin, bat McCullum and Vettori one higher, and play Jeets.

May as well go head on for the win.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If you are inserted on a green top and are 60/6, you probably won't win. Even if, like in the first test, you have a good 7th wicket partnership, the total still wouldn't be enough right? Unless of course from 60/60 NZ got 300, and then bowled India out for less.

Either way, that's still negative thinking when you're 1-0 down IMO.

Mind you, if the pitch is only slightly green, I'd probably still bat if I were NZ. Would hate to be in the field again.

adharcric

International Coach
If it's green, DoG's side is the way to go as you'll need the batting depth and Franklin should be a better bet than Patel. Otherwise, especially if it's another batting beauty, you have to go for broke with McCullum and Vettori one spot higher and Patel in the side. Of course, if Southee is just as harmless as Franklin on dead wickets, you may as well take Franklin's batting.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Great effort by BCs last match - couldn't ask for anything more.

Highly looking forward to the last match and just hope there are no weather issues.

Krishna_j

U19 12th Man
Pitch too flat?

Mistake to enforce the follow-on?

I think it is irrelevant. It was a flat pitch, India pulled themselves together and looked capable of batting for as long as required.

[
Maybe NZ should have tried a bit of this as well :

sledge, spit or snarl - if the ball was not biting :laugh:

Craig

World Traveller
My parrots wouldn't be out of place in this thread. They're always fighting about nothing (or what I assume to be nothing as they could only be fighting over the choicest bit of seed or the best perch). They had a fight yesterday and Ambrose ended up with a bloody nose. Not good.

As I say, they'd fit in well with some of this thread.

(Ambrose is now having to wear a passport sized photo of "Runako Morton - Test Class" round his neck as Lara beat him in a fight)
:laugh:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Keep Franklin in...I think he's working his way better after so long out of international cricket. He definitely has a future as a serious all-rounder at 6 IMO and given domestic cricket is all but over and that he certainly has the skill, persisting should hopefully pay off.

Days of Grace

International Captain
When is New Zealand's next test after this one?

The reason I ask this, is that I don't want a whole lot of ODIs being played, and if say Franklin or Guptill or whoever doesn't perform well, he gets dropped from the test side. Hope that doesn't happen.

Athlai

Not Terrible
-------
Guptill
Flynn
Taylor
Ryder
--------
McCullum
Vettori
--------
O'Brien
Martin

4 spots up for grabs. Franklin deserves to keep 6 and may as well give McIntosh a go. Then throw Southee in to the seamer side.

Craig

World Traveller
When is New Zealand's next test after this one?

The reason I ask this, is that I don't want a whole lot of ODIs being played, and if say Franklin or Guptill or whoever doesn't perform well, he gets dropped from the test side. Hope that doesn't happen.
We were off to Zimbabwe, but that is not going to happen. So we will be Mendis's bitch in August and September when we play a staggering 3 Tests (:stretcher) and 5 ODIs in Sri Lanka.

3 Tests against Sri Lanka? I don't feel so good.

Evermind

International Debutant
We were off to Zimbabwe, but that is not going to happen. So we will be Mendis's bitch in August and September when we play a staggering 3 Tests (:stretcher) and 5 ODIs in Sri Lanka.

Sri Lanka IN Sri Lanka.

Good luck! India, SA and Aus get PWNED there as well.

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant

i think its good.your batsmen need to play quality spinners in their own backyard.