• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

gvenkat

State Captain
England win the series if Windies strike, yeah?

Pollard is useless. Not sure why the Windies play him. He can't bat and only England make his bowling look decent.
Dont think a strike is happening any time.. will create more badwill... after the loss today. they can win the series and then strike

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
If they had won the series today it would have made a strike much more likely for the last game. But i really cant see it happening when the series is so tight and up for grabs.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Feels like this ODI series is really dragging on and on and on...

15 days for 5 matches and people whine about T20 impacting on the amount of Test cricket.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Yeah bar the Gayle fireworks, Chanderpaul vs Harmison and some of Bravo's all round performances this series really has been pretty dull and is really dragging on a lot. Mascarenhas, Collingwood, Sammy and to an extent Pollard really don't help matters with their incredibly dull brand of bowling, neither do England's approach to the first 15 (bar the last match which was an rain forced abberation).

Scaly piscine

It's the 5 day waits with games being Sunday to Friday each time that's really annoying me. It would be even worse if the series was dead. Meaningless ODI series, particularly ones involving pitches and teams like this, don't merit this sort of schedule.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
My ideal ODI series would be something like Fri(d/n), Sun, Wed(d/n), Fri(d/n) Sun. 10 Days done and dusted.

Actually would prefer a return of back to back sat/sun ODI's like we used to have in England but don't think the players would like that.

grecian

In contrast to this torturous tournament, the entire Twenty/20 World cup (womens and men) will only be 16 days.

For England's men it'll be a lot less.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, Australia spent as much time playing 5 ODIs last year.
I know this shouldn't come as a surprise, but Jeez I cannot recall any match at all during that ODI series. And I generally have a pretty good cricket memory.

Shows how pointless ODI series are getting.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Shows how pointless ODI series are getting.
Valid statement, but I don't think it is fair to say that there is no longer a market for ODIs, just that they are becoming over saturated. Three ODIs with two T20s is a sufficient limited overs tour, imo.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Probably to do with there being flights to get to different venues. Reason why Jamaica and Guyana only get the first or last matches in series.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Probably to do with there being flights to get to different venues. Reason why Jamaica and Guyana only get the first or last matches in series.
New Zealand and Australia got through 5 ODIs in two days less, and they travelled from Perth via Melbourne to Brisbane. Comes to about 3,000 airmiles, I think.