• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
Really happy we played Jeets now that we have the runs on the board. A wicket in the first hour is crucial and then we will have to grind, but I have a good feeling about our spinners in this game.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Unless India's batsmen go crazy, it's still a draw IMO. Sehwag and Gambhir got out due to extra aggression (not good deliveries), whereas Dravid and Tendulkar didn't seem too troubled by these bowlers on this pitch. NZ need to strike early tomorrow and then India will really be under the gun.
the sheer fact that we need 420 just to avoid the follow-on makes it a tall order, it's not the bowling or the pitch that is the biggest factor, it is the build-up of the pressure of chasing a huge score, the indians have been better at handling such pressure in recent times, let's see how they fare here...

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
Ishant overrated or O'Brien underrated?

O'Brien
Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10
15 23 2578 1312 46 6/75 7/165 28.52 3.05 56.0 1 1 0

Ishant Sharma
Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10
Tests 16 28 2916 1525 48 5/118 7/117 31.77 3.13 60.7 2 1 0

kingdamo

School Boy/Girl Captain
O'Brien underrated IMO, he is a pretty handy bowler and has been our best test bowler this season.

Sachin gooone :) Good stuff Patel.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Kiwis should win this match although pitch is pretty flat and their bowling isn't so threatening. They deserve to, with the kind of performance they have put in so far. Indians should learn a lesson as well, winning one match does not mean you have won the series. Aweful fielding, lacklustre bowling and some mediocre strokes to get out in batting as well. Will be disappointed if NZ does not win this match.. Really hard to rate this Indian team against either SA or Aus no matter however you compare the players. Its the consistency which matters. The ghost of taking teams lightly after an easy win still follows Indian cricket, dosen't see it getting out of their mind nomatter whichever generation of players are playing..And about munaf patel, I am sure there will be players with better attitude in India. Can't just understand they are still sticking with him. As a cricketer its your job to put in your 100% in whichever dept you are faring. Munaf is **** in the field and with the bat and not a great bowler either. Sometimes gets the feeling hes in a dreamland as if hes playing for his club side rather than India. Guess its time to move on. Has given this guy enough chance and still he dosen't show any improvement. However well played NZ so far. Ryder has been a revelation. Never thought he could play a decent test match innings after seeing him in the first few ODI's. And the inclusion of patel in the team is definitely having an impact.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
1-7-4 in their last 12 Tests...:p

I think NZ are better than most give them credit for, but the results have not been there unfortunately. They've got some talent though, and losing Bond hurts a lot.
Wasn't really a knock on India, more a note to the future XI brigade (of which I used to eb a part of) that the present NZ team isn't anything to cry about.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Why the bloody hell is Evan Watkin umpiring anyway? You could not find a more inappropriate looking umpire anywhere, with his giant thick rimmed glasses and beady little eyes. Not the first shocker he's made this summer either.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Why the bloody hell is Evan Watkin umpiring anyway? You could not find a more inappropriate looking umpire anywhere, with his giant thick rimmed glasses and beady little eyes. Not the first shocker he's made this summer either.
If you are referring to the no-ball, any spin bowler who gets within a mm of the crease is a bit daft - should have been at least 5 cm behind the line just to be safe.

Julian87

State Captain
Patel in the team really helps Vettori's bowling from what I can tell. If Franklin can continue to perform at 6, I can see this team balance really helping NZ improve over the next 12 months in the test arena.