• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Evermind

International Debutant
Fine.

India will NOT WIN this match. They will either lose or draw.

Anyone on? 1 week.

I know I've made a 2-week avatar bet with HonestBharani that India will not win the series.

Flem274*

123/5
Fine.

India will NOT WIN this match. They will either lose or draw.

Anyone on? 1 week.

I know I've made a 2-week avatar bet with HonestBharani that India will not win the series.
You're a brave man to back NZ so much.

Have a nasty feeling we'll provide you with a year's worth of cringeworthy avatars.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From cricinfo ....

Smart Stats

* The 271-run stand between Jesse Ryder and Ross Taylor is New Zealand's highest in Tests for the fourth wicket. It's also the second-highest by any team against India.

* It's only the fourth instance - and the highest - of a team adding more than 200 for fourth wicket after being three down for less than 25. The last time it had been achieved was 26 years back, also against India, when Larry Gomes and Clive Lloyd added 237 after West Indies were 1 for 3 at Port of Spain.

* Of the 151 runs Taylor scored, 54 came behind point, including 24 in the third-man region. In contrast, only four of Ryder's runs were scored through third man.

* Taylor was most severe on Munaf Patel and Ishant Sharma, scoring 66 from 67 balls he faced from him. Against Zaheer Khan, he scored 37 from 58. Ryder was more prolific against Zaheer, scoring 36 from 40. Against Ishant and Munaf he managed 44 from 77.

* Taylor's hundred broke a lean spell that had lasted 14 innings - in his last eight Tests he had only 322 runs at an average of 23. This is his third Test hundred, and his first against India - his previous two had both come against England.

Zinzan

Disasterous day for India. Balls.
Shocker alright, just watched the highlights, the 3 main observations for me were...

1) How lucky both Taylor & Franklin were

2) How solid Ryder looked - think he gave one really difficult chance

3) How abysmal India's catching & ground-fielding was - Too precious to even bend-down on some occasions

Athlai

Not Terrible
Shocker alright, just watched the highlights, the 3 main observations for me were...

3) How abysmal India's catching & ground-fielding was - Too precious to even bend-down on some occasions
No Ryder was missed in a bit of a shocker.

Athlai

Not Terrible
What, the edge missed by the keeper off Harby? thats the only chance I saw and thought that looked tough - didn't see the reply though
Yeah didn't think it was too bad and the slip had a go at it to. Neither reacted. Karthik had an appalling time behind the stumps. Had a stumping chance at one stage and missed the ball entirely.

Zinzan

Yeah didn't think it was too bad and the slip had a go at it to. Neither reacted. Karthik had an appalling time behind the stumps. Had a stumping chance at one stage and missed the ball entirely.
Put it this way.....looked a damn sight more solid than Taylor, Franklin or any other NZ batsman from the brief highlights/cricinfo commentaries I saw and read

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
confirms what has been said about him in the columns here in India... He has improved his batting remarkably but his keeping has still not improved to his previous heights... He has gotten better by some bit, apparently, compared to his shocker series in SL but still not international quality yet, I guess...

Also the first half of what is being written about DK can only be confirmed after we see him bat in this test.. My guess.. He will scratch around for a 10 and get out...

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
lol at franklin's stay so far, Jesse played the innings of the day he was solid in defence from the start. I could have fielded better than Munaf and co. Also how many times did edges didnt carry off taylor. But he took chances as he should.

Hoping NZ can pile up 550 tmrw.. get sehwag early then slow the run rate with better fielding.. hopefully.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Put it this way.....looked a damn sight more solid than Taylor, Franklin or any other NZ batsman from the brief highlights/cricinfo commentaries I saw and read
Oh deffo, just saying he wasn't Fort Knox.

Though that could be a good nickname for him...

Zinzan

Forgot to mention...

4) How amazingly poor the umpiring continues to be in this series

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
yah Yuvi in slips.. hopefully tmrw he gets no where near slips.

Umpiring i knw Franklin got some bad luck last game but today 1 right and 1 wrong thats not the way it should be. Referals are best used in Caught behinds i think it should be used in every series. LBW on the other hand doesnt really need referals.