• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Luv Jimmy getting all his bad luck from the first test being repaid in a 15 minute burst. Hilarious stuff.
Agreed, his luck was laughable at times, more than made up for his bad luck 1st innings in Hamilton.

He was actually starting to look quite good in the last 2 or 3 overs of the day, so it's a bit of a shame that the day had to end when it did, as it's going to be tough going for him to have to do it all again tomorrow morning.
I reckon he'll take heaps of confidence in being there overnight, but yeah, first few overs tomorrow with the new-ball will be tough again.

Zinzan

For the record, you can all blame me for Taylor's dismissal. Raced home early from work, flicked on the box and first ball I see is Taylor's wicket :kwasny:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Anyone else see the line between the 'half' pitch or whatever. I think this one will crack up pretty massively 3rd-5th day. Would not want to be batting last.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Prodigious bounce in the first session, flat for the next 5--9 sessions, then the pitch cracks.

Really excited about this match, reckon we're well in this.

Craig

World Traveller
Reckon Tendulkar will carve up and get another ton. From a NZ fan it's bad, but from a cricketing fan POV, I'm loving this sort of form from him. Been great.

Flem274*

123/5
I am not saying they lied.. Perhaps they did have suspicions but they have no proof, even now... Then why say it at all unless, as Sanz said, they just wanted their books to sell????
No idea if they daid it at the time or not, probably not. The logic to that would be they thought it would be more effective to copy the ball tampering or that they felt no one would listen. You'd have to ask Crowe.

They definitely all agree they found cuts on the ball, so the team agree they thought it had been tampered with (the one they managed to be quick enough to beat the ball boys to anyway).

My opinion? Both teams cheated and as a result it was even stevens. Doubt it was highly common once whispers were made though, any teams (I'm not dumb enough to say it was only Pakistan doing it, that would be an unfair accusation, they just got suspected first) doing it would have been stupid not to stop.

Brett Dale

School Boy/Girl Captain
Who would of thought that Ryder would be the savior of the Blackcaps, if Ryder can bat for two sessions he should be able to get a big double hundred, and then it will be up to the pitch if we can tie the series, a great innings, but boy India had a real bad day in the field, Taylor was real lucky during his innings, cant wait for tomorrow.

Polo23

International Debutant
I didn't get to watch much of it because I was at work...how did Taylor get out? Seeing the scorecard with him out to Harbhajan worries me, despite him scoring 150. Please tell me he was caught at slip or bat pad or even mid on/off.

Flem274*

123/5
I didn't get to watch much of it because I was at work...how did Taylor get out? Seeing the scorecard with him out to Harbhajan worries me, despite him scoring 150. Please tell me he was caught at slip or bat pad or even mid on/off.
Two words: phrase begins with S and ends with P.

Zinzan

Great toss to win for Vettori, I hate to think what India's score may have been end of Day 1 had they batted first.

Praying we get another 200 or so runs & the pitch starts to break up. Looks like it will be a road for at least the next two days for mine, hope I'm wrong of course

Polo23

International Debutant
Two words: phrase begins with S and ends with P.
Why am I not surprised? I don't care that he scored 150, that atrocious shot has to been thrown out. How good a position would we be in with Taylor and Ryder both unbeaten at stumps? Instead Taylor throws an almost certain double century away.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Why am I not surprised? I don't care that he scored 150, that atrocious shot has to been thrown out. How good a position would we be in with Taylor and Ryder both unbeaten at stumps? Instead Taylor throws an almost certain double century away.
DWTA Harby looked like getting him out for a fair bit of his innings, which made the decision to slog him all the more idiotic.