• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Days of Grace

International Captain
Jimmy to wait until the over before stumps to get out.

Or, better yet, two overs to go until stumps, so McCullum has to come out, and in bad light he gets out as well. 6 down at stumps for mine.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Jimmy to wait until the over before stumps to get out.

Or, better yet, two overs to go until stumps, so McCullum has to come out, and in bad light he gets out as well. 6 down at stumps for mine.
Would accuse you of being unnecessarily negative but recent history suggests you'll probably be right. Would be nice if Franklin could at least wait to the last ball of the day to get out though.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, 351/4 at stumps - can relax now without fear of jinxing it. Fantastic stuff from Ryder, Taylor and a good cameo from lady luck and Yuvraj's fielding.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He didn't hit it. In a way I guess that shows how regulation the "chance" was for the keeper given the lack of deviation (zero) but Taylor didn't hit the ball.
tbh, it is not about deviation.. As a keeper, when you see a batsman shaping to cut the ball, you immediately react and bring your gloves to give the chance to take the top edge... Under edges are a bit of a rarity compared to the number of times batsmen top edge their cuts off spinners.. I have always believed that bottom-edge catches taken by the keepers should be regarded as a bonus... The reaction time is so ridiculously small that they either stick on or they don't... I remember when I tried to pracitce taking underedged cuts when standing up to the stumps... The reaction time being so small meant there was no real sure shot way to improve.... The best thing was juz to trust our instinct and react...

Not that I am defending DK here but I always felt a keeper should not be judged because of not taking the under edges off the horizontal bat shots...

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Actually a very true observation just made on the radio........Who'd have thought a Samoan & Maori would put on 271 runs for NZ a few years back

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Luv Jimmy getting all his bad luck from the first test being repaid in a 15 minute burst. Hilarious stuff. He was actually starting to look quite good in the last 2 or 3 overs of the day, so it's a bit of a shame that the day had to end when it did, as it's going to be tough going for him to have to do it all again tomorrow morning.

Great day though. I've long dreamed of seeing Ryder and Taylor smash a near run a ball 200 partnership, and it was just fantastic today. Hope they can do a repeat at the basin next week!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Haha what? I'm just making fun of Sanz implying Crowe and Pringle lied.
I am not saying they lied.. Perhaps they did have suspicions but they have no proof, even now... Then why say it at all unless, as Sanz said, they just wanted their books to sell????

Craig

World Traveller
Fair play to Taylor, I have thought he has gone MIA lately and not got the centuries and not the big ones, but he certainly has come to the party in this one. And kudos to Ryder as well, has really come of age in this series. When was the last time we had two batsmen score 100's in the first two Tests of a series?

Still I hope we get 550, but being a NZ fan, there is a catch usually and something is too good to be true.