• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Nutter

U19 Debutant
Jesse's actually working his way up in my books. I think I'm beginning to rate him as our best batsman with Taylor second rather than the other way around.
From the first time I saw him bat I thought jeez this guy is incredible. And he doesn't move those feet either!

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Jesse's actually working his way up in my books. I think I'm beginning to rate him as our best batsman with Taylor second rather than the other way around.

Well played BFJ. WAG
Agree - Taylor's fallen away since the Aus series, while Ryder has been excellent.

Am sure we've super-jinxed him now

Athlai

Not Terrible
Ryder looks really good, a very solid player, the only possible weakness is perhaps he doesn't get the biggest stride forwad when defending. Taylor's looking good now but before lunch, bar one drive, he was all over the shop. India need to break this partnership fast or discounting a Sehwag special it's going to be very tough to win this game. Was just watching an episode of Flight of the Conchords, hilarious, they returned to NZ, is the series over?
Flight of the Conchords is waaaay behind in New Zealand ironically enough. And you just ruined the series for me. :(

Flem274*

123/5

Well played BFJ. WAG
He's been extremely consistent. Shades of McMillan in his first four tests, in his last 3-4 its been shades of Hussey's first 20 odd games.

If he keeps his dumb incidents to a minimum (he will do something stupid again, the odds are stacked I'm afraid), then he will be a good shot at our top ten batsmen ever. In fact he should make it.

I am biased though, favourite batsman since Fleming.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
They now are just toying with the fast bowlers, scoring at will. Definitely need Harbhajan on at least, maybe in tandem with Sehwag, or at least Munaf.

Athlai

Not Terrible
He's been extremely consistent. Shades of McMillan in his first four tests, in his last 3-4 its been shades of Hussey's first 20 odd games.

If he keeps his dumb incidents to a minimum (he will do something stupid again, the odds are stacked I'm afraid), then he will be a good shot at our top ten batsmen ever. In fact he should make it.

I am biased though, favourite batsman since Fleming.
Reckon Taylor is better technically when hes going but Ryder has a better eye and is more naturally talented. Both need to work on their temperament though.

Flem274*

123/5
They now are just toying with the fast bowlers, scoring at will. Definitely need Harbhajan on at least, maybe in tandem with Sehwag, or at least Munaf.
Considering our top order is very suspect against spin, I'd put the spinners on. On this pitch Ryder, Taylor, McCullum will take the seamers apart but spinners will challenge them.

JBH001

International Regular
They both seem to enjoy batting together too, a good thing as they are going to be doing a lot of it in the future.

JBH001

International Regular
How they play Harbhajan will decide how big a total we post.
Think Ryder will take Bhaji apart, not so sure about Taylor - although I dont think Harbhajan will pose much of a threat on this surface against either of these batsmen, just that Ryder will be more successful against him (as he tends to play the ball not the bowler). If they go after him, I think Harbhajan will back off.

Nutter

U19 Debutant
Ryder on a cricket field has an awesome temperament.
I have to agree. Ryder has an aura of calmness about him which explains why he is getting so many scores over 50 and Taylor (who is prone to brain explosions) only goes past 50 every one in five innings.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Think Ryder will take Bhaji apart, not so sure about Taylor - although I dont think Harbhajan will pose much of a threat on this surface against either of these batsmen, just that Ryder will be more successful against him. If they go after him, I think Harbhajan will back off, and they will continue to profit.
Rate Taylors defence against spinners. Hopefully he'll not try to keep pushing the runs from him though. Let the run rate slip a bit guys, we're flying here!

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sehwag has been pretty unimpressive in his captaincy so far TBH. Field settings and bowling changes - I'm not very impressed by.