• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Truly amazing !!!!

I didn't realise that - that phrase about organising a social event in a brewery springs to mind

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty apt finish considering the series so far and at least it makes a thoroughly uninteresting game worth talking about.

Seems like this series has been going on for an age. :yawn:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
why dont they print the D/L sheet with one extra run and reduce the confusion ..why would you leave it to a guy to add 1 when all other thig is done by computers you always play to win rite not to tie so show the target rather than par score
Its not the extra run that is the issue, its the fact that it changes dramatically if a wicket falls. Windies were ahead and had been for a few overs till then but when they called them in, they forgot that it had just changed when that last wicket fell !!

You would need to put at least three options on the board and that assuming that only two more wickets can fall in whats left of the current over

shivfan

Banned
Is there a reason the "D/L par score" isn't on the scoreboard as soon as it starts to gets dark/wet?
Yes, it should be....

Because otherwise the spectators end up guessing just as much as Dyson!
:laugh:
However, it is ridiculous that on a ground that has floodlights, they're not allowed to be used....
:blink:
Even if it was for just three or four overs to finish a match, and give the spectators their money's worth.

No wonder the younger generation are more interested in 20/20 cricket, with this kind of farcical end to a 50-overs match!
:@

sammy2

Banned
This is an exciting series. Only the strong can survive, players career on edge, fans on edge, surprise and more surprises. After chanders beat the life out of harmi and english hopes of winning, the game took another corner. Im not upset, but I just think england shouldn't have won with barely one decent player who doesn't understand cricket. No taylor and a powell at his worst, problems WI will fix soon. England on the other end has loads of issue to fix, the team keeps running around the carib on one leg. WI has players who can build partnerships etc, real class players. But this is a series with everything, hill and gully ride and I love it.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
This is an exciting series. Only the strong can survive, players career on edge, fans on edge, surprise and more surprises. After chanders beat the life out of harmi and english hopes of winning, the game took another corner. Im not upset, but I just think england shouldn't have won with barely one decent player who doesn't understand cricket. No taylor and a powell at his worst, problems WI will fix soon. England on the other end has loads of issue to fix, the team keeps running around the carib on one leg. WI has players who can build partnerships etc, real class players. But this is a series with everything, hill and gully ride and I love it.
:laugh: Do the other one.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
You are talking through your hat, "This is an exciting series. Only the strong can survive, players career on edge, fans on edge, surprise and more surprises."

One of the worst series in recent memory. The amount of exciting things that have happened you can count on one hand.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Where Is The Julian Clary Avatar!!!

Scaly piscine

Time for you to finally admit Harmison is ****. He's just ****. Accept it.
He's crap on piss poor pitches yes. WI haven't produced a pitch fit for quality cricket all tour.

You want to watch trundlers made to look like world beaters then WI is the place for you.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He's crap on piss poor pitches yes. WI haven't produced a pitch fit for quality cricket all tour.

You want to watch trundlers made to look like world beaters then WI is the place for you.
Sure. But that doesn't excuse being hit for 26 runs in an over.

It doesn't excuse his **** record over the last 4 years either.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!

There's a bit of a double standard here. Personally i think Harmy's similar to Monty:

A match-winner IF:
  • The pitch is perfect for them, which occurs about once every ten or fifteen games
  • They're on good form, which is by no means guaranteed
  • They happen to bowl well and get a bit of luck
  • The opposition bat badly
  • The batsmen back them up in that particular game
  • Neptune is aligned with Jupiter (as you so memorably said of Monty :p)

But the rest of the time they're:
  • A liability in the field
  • Passengers with the bat, to different extents though
  • Offering nothing with the ball
  • Taking up the space of a bowler who could be doing a good job for the team

The options are to troop them around the side knowing fine right they'll be useless the vast majority of the time, or only pick them for matches where they'll be good. Oh, and neither should be anywhere near the ODI side.

Scaly piscine

Harmison is a far better fielder and batsman. Even when conditions favour Monty he doesn't win matches for you.

Broad went for 36 in an over.

Harmison is predictable because he's a rhythm bowler and his threats are simple - pace and bounce. People whinge every time he plays on a pitch like that shower of piss the other day that negates his bowling because they're too busy buying into the media hate of him. If he wore a turban or had comically bad fielding he'd be fine.

Playing on that garbage doesn't make him any less effective when he *finally* plays on a pitch that isn't a complete joke. People come up with how he's not trying or he's a bad traveller and all the usual ****. Stick him on a pitch with something in it and he's in good rhythm and he'll do well. It's simple.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Harmison is a far better fielder and batsman. Even when conditions favour Monty he doesn't win matches for you.

Harmison is predictable because he's a rhythm bowler and his threats are simple - pace and bounce. People whinge every time he plays on a pitch like that shower of piss the other day that negates his bowling because they're too busy buying into the media hate of him. If he wore a turban or had comically bad fielding he'd be fine.

Playing on that garbage doesn't make him any less effective when he *finally* plays on a pitch that isn't a complete joke. People come up with how he's not trying or he's a bad traveller and all the usual ****. Stick him on a pitch with something in it and he's in good rhythm and he'll do well. It's simple.
So he's a ****ty one trick pony then?

I don't care whether Monty is good, I don't rate him either. But Harmy's a joke.

Please link me to his last good performance.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!

So why does he keep getting picked on pitches that don't suit him? Should he be held back in reserve for when a fast, bouncy wicket comes up (about once every ten matches)? Because he's not just ineffective on flat pitches, he's a liability, especially in ODIs. Players like Swann, Flintoff and Broad will often make the most out of difficult conditions, but Harmy just gets battered when things aren't tailor-made for him. That's a bit of an issue for me.