• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Precambrian

Banned
Effectively minus 166 with 7 wickets in hand. NZ really needs a superlative effort from atleast 3 guys to have a chance of saving this test.

adharcric

International Coach
I was watching, and it was definitely not out.
The camera angle that they showed most often made it look clearly not out. However, there was a lower angle that made it look quite close. I'd give it not-out as it was questionable at best but it wasn't as blatant as is being suggested here. Shastri wasn't talking out of his ass in claiming that Sachin got his hands under it, but he sounded absolutely sure whereas even the lowest camera angle left some doubt.

Athlai

Not Terrible
In other news Patel, you know that guy Martin Crowe (and me:ph34r:) want in the Test team?

Yeah he picked up a 5fer on the first day of a match in Wellington.

But Mills has done very well. (Y)

kingdamo

School Boy/Girl Captain
In other news Patel, you know that guy Martin Crowe (and me:ph34r:) want in the Test team?

Yeah he picked up a 5fer on the first day of a match in Wellington.

But Mills has done very well. (Y)
Southee for Mills IMO, he has done well in domestic cricket also.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Typical though, remember Grant Elliot last ball of the day against Australia?
Was thinking of that even before Mills got out.

NZ have been in this sort of situation a couple of times recently. Looking to save a match, but then lose an important wicket or two before the close. We (supporters) retain hope, still have a couple of decent batsmen at the crease and a few more in the shed.

Then the next morning we collapse in a total heap and lose in the first session or two.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I think the comparisons between Ryder's non-catch and Tendulkar's catch are a touch mischievous. Upon the first replay, it was obvious the ball didn't carry to Ryder whereas even after 5-6 replays, I was uncertain as to whether Tendulkar took the ball on the full or not That said, it was a tad odd that the umpires chose to refer the first, but not the second.

Still, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Mills and Franklin playing for their test careers (if Mills gets a chance to bowl in the second innings, that is).