• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The very tip of Tendulkar's finger was bleeding. Meaning that the ball definitely hit ground. And Sachin would definitely have known that it did.
Not necessarily, the ball could've landed on the tip of his finger and jammed it down into the ground. Not that it matters cause it still should've been given not out.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Don't know why they wouldn't bring martin on now. Pace and a bit of movement should rap this up.

**** Flynn is a ****ing uncoordinated idiot. That is the 3rd time now. **** me. I don't normally react this badly to New Zealand playing like **** but this is the meekest and laziest effort against an opposition tail that I've seen since McGrath and Gillespie knocked us around in 2005.
Was so poor. Can accept our bowlers getting a bit of a beating from the Indian batsman as long as they're bowling to somewhere near their ability. What makes me so ****** angry is BS like dropped catches, misfields and Mills giving away a higher run rate than he does bowling in power plays in ODIs FFS.

Franklin to score a 100 by the way.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Not necessarily, the ball could've landed on the tip of his finger and jammed it down into the ground. Not that it matters cause it still should've been given not out.
If the ball landed on the very tip of his finger then some part of it would definitely have hit the ground. It was bleeding at the very end, almost where finger meets fingernail (on the outer end). The only way I can imagine that happening is if the ball hit the end of his finger on the way into his hand after bouncing.

Precambrian

Banned
If the ball landed on the very tip of his finger then some part of it would definitely have hit the ground. It was bleeding at the very end, almost where finger meets fingernail (on the outer end). The only way I can imagine that happening is if the ball hit the end of his finger on the way into his hand after bouncing.
Can also happen if he was biting his nails more than usual, which he does.

Precambrian

Banned
Please tell me you're joking.
Yeah I was.

From Cricinfo,

"I just watched replay after replay after replay of that catch. If the fielders fingers are under the ball and the ball does not clearly appear to move up off the ground, it must be given as a catch. Doubting viewers should take into account the grass height and camera angle."

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
You guys are taking him way too seriously, it is fairly obvious that he is trying hard to be a troll trying to get a permanent ban from here.

Precambrian

Banned
Oh that clears things up a bit, because it did.
I am not watching, hence I can no way comment on the same. If it was a grounded catch, poor form from the God. If it was not, why the fuss. Anyways, it is too doubtful considering the polarised opinions so far.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
consistency is the key.. if it can't be proved conclusively that it was a clean catch, it shud be given not out.. End of story.

I think Tendulkar would have known but won't hold it against the genius too much.. We are seeing the likes of Clarke, Dhoni and that new boy Hughes claim blatant one bounce catches, the ones they catch a few inches above the ground after the first bounce, this is nothing.

But man has Sachin been awesome.. I think from last years' trip to Australia he has reached another level in terms of batsmanship.. He was playing way too sedate earlir to that but now I get the feeling that he is batting with more freedom without completely throwing caution to the wind. He seems to have found the perfect balance between attack and defence in test cricket, something that seems to come so naturally to him in ODI cricket.. Haven't seen him this good since the mid 90s... 98/99 was perhaps the last of that run... What a man!! What a player!! Shows how good he is that even in that period when I felt he was well off his best, he was still averaging 50+ and scoring big hundreds.

:notworthy:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I am not watching, hence I can no way comment on the same. If it was a grounded catch, poor form from the God. If it was not, why the fuss. Anyways, it is too doubtful considering the polarised opinions so far.
Interesting... you're not watching, yet it was out... Funny, because I'm also not watching and haven't seen it, yet I'm certain it was definitely not out...

Evermind

International Debutant
I think Tendulkar would have known but won't hold it against the genius too much.. We are seeing the likes of Clarke, Dhoni and that new boy Hughes claim blatant one bounce catches, the ones they catch a few inches above the ground after the first bounce, this is nothing.
Absolutely inexcusable. Can totally expect it from Clarke, but not from Sachin.

Precambrian

Banned
consistency is the key.. if it can't be proved conclusively that it was a clean catch, it shud be given not out.. End of story.

But man has Sachin been awesome.. I think from last years' trip to Australia he has reached another level in terms of batsmanship.. He was playing way too sedate earlir to that but now I get the feeling that he is batting with more freedom without completely throwing caution to the wind. He seems to have found the perfect balance between attack and defence in test cricket, something that seems to come so naturally to him in ODI cricket.. Haven't seen him this good since the mid 90s... 98/99 was perhaps the last of that run... What a man!! What a player!! Shows how good he is that even in that period when I felt he was well off his best, he was still averaging 50+ and scoring big hundreds.

:notworthy:
Was waiting for him to break the 55 mark today, came close.. 54.94, before his dismissal pegged that back to 54.7.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I havent seen it yet but reading some people here compare Sachin to a regular Michael Clarke is raising some alarm bells. I doubt it would've been that blatant.