• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Steulen

International Regular
:laugh: Love that match. Should have had GI Joe's accompanying laughter track IMO.
Jamie Dalrymple...what's become of him? Looked a decent ODI-player the few times I saw him. ("Decent" as an English qualification, of course, meaning not-quite-rubbish and certainly no worse than some muppets selected over the years)

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
England busy blaming everything else except themselves, and talking an absolute pile of **** in the process

"I've not seamed a ball for four months. I can't wait to bowl in England again."
Stuart Broad

"It is a graveyard for fast bowlers, county cricket."
Nasser Hussain
To be fair, both are valid concerns. But our bowlers should be looking for ways to bowl on none English pitches rather than moan about it and sit tight till they can fly home. Its also very hard for a Brett Lee type bowler to come through in county cricket due to the workload. They're more likely to go for seam/swing over speed at a younger age to help cope with any demands placed on them.

Shoggz

School Boy/Girl Captain
My England team for the 1st ODI

+SJ Taylor
CMG Atkins
SC Taylor
LS Greenway
BL Morgan
JL Gunn
*CM Edwards
NJ Shaw
HL Colvin
LA Marsh
KH Brunt

:ph34r:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For some strange reason, I've been refunded the bet I placed on England to win the tests at the start of this series. Maybe the Antigua farce has something to do with it. Bizarre, but i had a bet on Sri Lanka-Pakistan that they kept.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
For some strange reason, I've been refunded the bet I placed on England to win the tests at the start of this series. Maybe the Antigua farce has something to do with it. Bizarre, but i had a bet on Sri Lanka-Pakistan that they kept.
It isn't one of those Paddy Power bizarre refund dealies, is it?

If your bet wasn't with them I'm guessing not tho.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Back from my sebbatical and with that comes Ucut's new avatar... been a lot of abuse about Sammy being an avatar bet dodger, so hoping Ucut will not follow suit...

http://www.juicebrighton.com/files/blogs/graham norton.jpg
Unfortunately your bet has not been refunded with me... waiting for that avatar... might have to start calling you Sammy!

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I cant help but feel that dropping Matt Prior is just symptomatic of wider problems within the England set up. Anyone can see that Prior is in great form. Is it not sending a dangerous message to players: perform well and you will still get dropped (from what is a crucial warm up game) in favour of experimenting with a debutant. I was really worried as well to hear Strauss dismissing Prior as being a middle order batsmen. Why then has he been opening the batting in limited overs cricket for Sussex and England?

This all adds to an air of confusion, Prior is playing well so we will drop him in favour of an experiment. Prior opens the batting well for his county and has done for England but he is a middle order batsmen.

(I appreciate that there are so many problems with this England side that Priors lack of selection seems a strange place to focus upon but you have to start somewhere!!!)
DWTA

Prior's non selection was a pleasant suprise in that maybe, just maybe, the England selectors are learning to differentiate between the two game forms. That Prior has been in excellent batting form in the tests is utterly irrelevant, his ODI batting record is atrocious.

FBU

International Debutant
DWTA

Prior's non selection was a pleasant suprise in that maybe, just maybe, the England selectors are learning to differentiate between the two game forms. That Prior has been in excellent batting form in the tests is utterly irrelevant, his ODI batting record is atrocious.
I agree.:)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Vaughan shows form with century

Of slight interest is Vaughan's scored a ton in a 50 over game held at Abu Dhabi, Yorkshire v Surrey. 115 off 113 balls.

Unfortunately being a flawed player with (IIRC) 18 Test tons and an average north of 40 means people can talk bad about you and rank amateurs, in comparison, get selected ahead of you.

Someone needs to tell the selectors the you can't plait ****.

Evermind

International Debutant
I can't believe I'm saying this, but...I'd have Vaughan in over Shah and Bell for the Ashes.

He can't do any worse, and he seems to boost the team morale. Just need Simon Jones to be in prime form, and I think there's an outside chance of kicking Aussie butt.