• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not sure I'd have Gillespie at the top personally, he had a mullet and a chain but he didn't really sound like a bogan to me when he talked...he was funny for a start and had a pretty quick wit it seemed. I guess he qualifies...but after hearing Siddle the other day I'd put him up near the top with Symonds, Gillespie in 3rd. Merv Hughes must get a run if we throw in guys from the past. Boonie?
Gillespie went to Temple College, a private school. It obviously had an impact......(!).

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Photo in today's paper had a picture of Peter Siddle with his shirt off with his back facing the camera and had one big Sourthern Cross tattoo on his back. So therefore my question is, does he take over from Jason Gillespie as Australia's most bogan cricketer?

(Yes this was in jest)
Gillespie managed to have a child at a very young age too. Bogan dad. He would probably be the sort to be proud of his bogan stigma.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not sure I'd have Gillespie at the top personally, he had a mullet and a chain but he didn't really sound like a bogan to me when he talked...he was funny for a start and had a pretty quick wit it seemed. I guess he qualifies...but after hearing Siddle the other day I'd put him up near the top with Symonds, Gillespie in 3rd. Merv Hughes must get a run if we throw in guys from the past. Boonie?
Was talking chronologically actually.

Top_Cat

Cricinfo - Recess is over

It's as if Barack Obama himself padded up and boomed, "Yes! We! Can!" as he strode down the dressing-room stairs, then took the biggest, most stupid swish any of us had ever seen at the first ball he faced and fell on his stumps face first.

haha

Top_Cat

Well they only lost to the West Indies away 0-1 so they can't be travelling too poorly.

</80's>

inbox24

International Debutant
With Khan and Prince in such good form domestically, I fear that this final test is where the South African backlash will come from. Especially with an injection of fresh players.

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
Albie will debut. Looks like the team will be the following:

Khan
Prince
Amla
Kallis
AB
Duminy
Albie
Boucher
Harris
Steyn
Ntini

I like that. Looks much more balanced, with the tail being a little smaller now. Albie has an average over 40 in FC with a double hundred. No doubt, he is talented enough to do well in the test arena.