• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Victim of the need to squeeze the captain in, according to Charles & Goughy on Sky.
Davies is that critical to the side that you drop one of our most in-form batsmen for Strauss?

Edit: Of course... Davies has an average of 16 in T20s and we've got him opening? Bizarre.

Last edited:

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
loving goughy's commentary! england have a lot of medium pace available which should be very useful on this surface, should be a fairly close contest. I'm tipping England to win but if Benn bowls well Windies could take it.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Prior's rubbish in limited overs stuff.

I think Shah is more qualified to open in T20 than anyone else in the side. He's part of a pretty successful opening pair for Middlesex in that format.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Tipping England to win this. Bopara to top score. Anderson with the ball.

Last edited:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Prior's rubbish in limited overs stuff.

I think Shah is more qualified to open in T20 than anyone else in the side. He's part of a pretty successful opening pair for Middlesex in that format.
Prior's been messed about in and out of the side and up and down the order. I just wish they could stick with a keeper for a few games.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, it all comes back to consistency of selection. They are all over the place.
Yep. It's only about six months ago we had Ambrose in the ODI side, and we've been through Prior and now at Davies.

No idea why on earth Khan is playing instead of Harmison either.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Khan's seems like a selection in sympathy more than anything.

His limited overs record is as shocking as everyone would expect it to be.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
D'oh. Ravi misses a straight one with an expansive, airy drive. Middle stump cartwheeling; cry of "Full pint" from Bumble!

KP at 3! WTF?! :-O

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
D'oh. Ravi misses a straight one with an expansive, airy drive. Middle stump cartwheeling; cry of "Full pint" from Bumble!

KP at 3! WTF?! :-O
KP will deign to bat 3 in a T20, he likes to make sure he gets plenty of overs. Doesn't want to miss out on the limelight. ;)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
IIRC (and I may not) was very similar to the game loser vs SL in WC
Think you might well be right. If memory serves the bowler came in for an aborted delivery which may've broken Bopara's concentration.

Windies bowling well after first couple of overs. Full and straight with a healthy mix of cutters.