• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
From an organisational sense of view it was the right decision to make for the BCCI. My gripe was that people look to criticise the BCCI without trying to understand why they would take a decision in the first place which was the whole point of my contribution to the debate.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
India's part timers

Between them, Yuvraj and Yusuf have bowled 34.4 overs for 190 runs and seven wickets. In 39.1 overs, Oram, Ryder and Elliot have gone for 311 runs and two wickets. There's only one winner when you compare economy-rates of 5.23 and 7.94. And India's part-time spin combination has taken wickets - as many as the whole New Zealand pace attack has.​

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Haha **** guys. Of course the BCCI's move makes sense, it just doesn't make it right.
The BCCI has no real obligation to cricket in the rest of the world. They are first and foremost a business, and secondly guardians of the game. Their decisions will always been heavily geared towards money making.

Natman20

International Debutant
From just down the road from Eden park. Weather doesn't look too bad. A bit cloudy.

Why would Styris be a cover for Thompson. I would rather have another bowler. Styris should be the cover for a batsman and maybe Martin as a cover to Thompson.

Last edited:

JBH001

International Regular
Forecast is for clouds and midday showers. But should hold through for a full or near full game, imo.

Things look ok from where I am atm, internet cafe on K'Road. But, this is Auckland...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The BCCI has no real obligation to cricket in the rest of the world. They are first and foremost a business, and secondly guardians of the game. Their decisions will always been heavily geared towards money making.
Cricket is a sport. Business should never come ahead of development of the game and this is where the BCCI falls flat on the ground.

Natman20

International Debutant
hmmmm. Misty sort of rain at the moment here and pretty overcast. Still think there will be play though.

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
So let me get this right, there are 4 games of domestic cricket going on in NZ all not affected by weather but its raining in the international? thats a defintion of bad luck

Polo23

International Debutant
Should definitely have play. The rain Eden Park is getting at the moment is the same rain we had here about 45 mins ago. It's cleared away here and actually looks quite bright now, I might even be able to see some blue sky. I'd say it will clear up in half an hour-an hour max.

Polo23

International Debutant
So let me get this right, there are 4 games of domestic cricket going on in NZ all not affected by weather but its raining in the international? thats a defintion of bad luck
It's been like that throughout the entire cricket season. Wherever the cricket goes, the rain follows.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surprised that they said it'll take an hour to dry the ground when the rain stops. They must have had it much heavier than we did over here on the North Shore. It's stopped here now and the ground is pretty dry outside already.

Natman20

International Debutant
its only really really light misty rain but it has really hung around a long time. Fustrating. I think they should be able to start in this now though surely.

EDIT: I live on the same road as part of Eden Park. If it takes an hour to dry I would be shocked really. No heavy rain at all.