• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
this start will do us a world of good is it reduced to 20 overs we will have to score some thing around 65 in the 10 overs :)
Like that would make any difference to the result :laugh: I mean India are clearly shaking in their boots at this stage

biased indian

International Coach
The incredible thing about Sehwag is that he looks absolutely mud in between the most incredible cricket shots you'll ever see. He really is hit & miss, sides just have to pray that his luck runs out on occasions
i would say he is hit hit hit hit hit & miss

that miss is not too often that's why he get away with them unlike say afridi

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I don't like Sehwag, but its hard to score two triple centuries, and average 50 in Test cricket if you didn't have respect for your wicket.

Zinzan

i would say he is hit hit hit hit hit & miss

that miss is not too often that's why he get away with them unlike say afridi
Nah, I suggest there's more misses in there than you'd like to admit tbh. Not taking anything away from the fact he's an incredibly gifted player, but the reality is he relies on a fair share of luck, much more so than traditional batsmen, and is incredibly wreakless at times. Even this short innings has been filled with a combination of million dollar shots & dirty mistimed heaves across the line.

Evermind

International Debutant
Makes batting seem meaningless to me. Doesn't earn his runs. No respect for his wicket. No thought behind his shots. Just the vibe I get.
That would be Afridi. The difference would be that Sehwag is actually successful. I don't think there's a side in world cricket that wouldn't kill to have a Sehwag in their ranks - never mind the unrefined aesthetic of his strokeplay.

thierry henry

International Coach
That would be Afridi. The difference would be that Sehwag is actually successful. I don't think there's a side in world cricket that wouldn't kill to have a Sehwag in their ranks - never mind the unrefined aesthetic of his strokeplay.
Irrelevant. Just talking about why I don't enjoy watching him.

_Ed_

They've taken off 4 overs for an 11-minute delay?!

Kudos to McGlashan, by the way. Doull suggested it might be a long-term thing - but surely McCullum must take the gloves again when he's fit? IMO he's one of the best glovemen around, and McGlashan...isn't. If one keeper should play as a batsman only, it should be McGlashan IMO.

biased indian

International Coach
They've taken off 4 overs for an 11-minute delay?!

Kudos to McGlashan, by the way. Doull suggested it might be a long-term thing - but surely McCullum must take the gloves again when he's fit? IMO he's one of the best glovemen around, and McGlashan...isn't. If one keeper should play as a batsman only, it should be McGlashan IMO.
AWTA he missed couple of chances int he last game also rite...think McCullum is the better keeper also

Zinzan

if this game is reduced to 20 overs i think our target will be some thing near to 130
Yes, you've made that point twice in 10 mins now & your probably correct, either way obviously India will win, so pretty irrelevant really whether its 20 overs or a million overs

biased indian

International Coach
Yes, you've made that point twice in 10 mins now & your probably correct, either way obviously India will win, so pretty irrelevant really whether its 20 overs or a million overs
first was an assumption i said 65 runs

second was more real i went and had a calculation based on D&L hell its difficult but was fun and it was 47 runs

_Ed_

Have to say, Fleming's doing pretty well in commentary today. Couple of amusing comments.