• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

adharcric

International Coach
Evermind said:
I don't like a large part of it, but I do like Tendulkar. I dislike how it's the most spineless team in world cricket.
The current Indian team? Is it really? Based on what?
Evermind said:
So...what, exactly?
So...you're allegedly softening your stance now that it doesn't look quite as likely?

Evermind

International Debutant
if they failed you can have bhaji or sreesanth for one month :cool:
I can't remember with who, but I already have an avatar bet going with someone.

I'll take you on, though. One month.

If India win, I lose.

If NZ win, you lose.

Draw, and no-one wins/loses.

Deal?

Evermind

International Debutant
So...you're allegedly softening your stance now that it doesn't look quite as likely?
I can't remember if I said that NZ are going to win "100%, no doubt at all". But I did make an avatar bet with someone - I think that says a lot. I don't know if it's less or more likely now. Do you remember exact posts you made like a month ago?

I haven't reversed my stance and that's all that counts. If you're going to get into the semantics of which stance is slightly stronger and which one slightly weaker, I don't really have the patience for it. You're welcome to dig up the old post that you're referring to, and I'll be happy to clarify.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I can't remember if I said that NZ are going to win "100%, no doubt at all". But I did make an avatar bet with someone - I think that says a lot. I don't know if it's less or more likely now. Do you remember exact posts you made like a month ago?

I haven't reversed my stance and that's all that counts. If you're going to get into the semantics of which stance is slightly stronger and which one slightly weaker, I don't really have the patience for it. You're welcome to dig up the old post that you're referring to, and I'll be happy to clarify.
Well you did say this...
You really think they're favourites? I fully expect them to capitulate with one win at best.
but then again you also said...

I think IK Pathan, if managed properly, has the potential to be as good as Kapil.
Why isn't Irfan Pathan in the reckoning for a place in the test squad? He lends a great balance to the side.
... which is a far far far bigger concern.

Evermind

International Debutant

You really think they're favourites? I fully expect them to capitulate with one win at best.
to

They have a very good chance of beating India in the tests, and I would not be surprised if they did win.
- how do you judge that to be inconsistent/softening?

And about Pathan: what's the problem, again I don't understand? Is it because you think he's far too rubbish? Why are you quoting those rather innocuous statements I can't quite understand.

Precambrian

Banned
I don't like a large part of it, but I do like Tendulkar. I dislike how it's the most spineless team in world cricket.

So...what, exactly?
Woot? Spineless?

You are entitled to your opinion. And I don't care a hoot whether you dislike the Indian team or not, but please don't give the reasons for hating them. Because such stupid reasons devalue your opinions.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
And about Pathan: what's the problem, again I don't understand? Is it because you think he's far too rubbish? Why are you quoting those rather innocuous statements I can't quite understand.
Haha I was going through your previous posts and read that gem. Figured I'd just throw it out there.

But in all seriousness, do you really believe he can be as good as Kapil, or are you simply suggesting he can be a good allrounder and making a MASSIVE hyperbolic statement for the hell of it?

The guy can bet, yes. When he bowls well he looks good... but that is far far too little.

I used to think it was a matter of 'handling him right'. But now, he's just rubbish.

Who the hell gets older and stronger after being a teenager, and loses pace without any sort of serious injury?

Evermind

International Debutant
Haha I was going through your previous posts and read that gem. Figured I'd just throw it out there.
Otherwise known as baiting! Though I've done that a buncha times myself.

But in all seriousness, do you really believe he can be as good as Kapil, or are you simply suggesting he can be a good allrounder and making a MASSIVE hyperbolic statement for the hell of it?
I don't know about Kapil, obviously, but I do think he could be sorta Flintoff standard (in terms of stats, of course not as threatening in terms of raw pace). He had a wonderful swing when he first came into the scene, and at a good pace too.

I used to think it was a matter of 'handling him right'. But now, he's just rubbish.

Who the hell gets older and stronger after being a teenager, and loses pace without any sort of serious injury?
It's all in the 'ead. It's happened to a few bowlers - I think Zaheer Khan is a good example of someone who had talent, then slacked off/got injured, was determined to get back into the team, and now bowls far, far better than he ever did before.

NZ4life!

Cricket Spectator
whats with all this bitterness?:huh: Lookin foreward to the match today, I don't care if we bat or bowl first, i just want us to win. be good to see dan back, and with Tendulkar gone, we have a very good chance of winning this one.

adharcric

International Coach
Jono said:
Lots of bowlers do, and it's not as simple as "he just sucks, give up". Besides, Irfan's actually gotten some pace back lately.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lots of bowlers do, and it's not as simple as "he just sucks, give up". Besides, Irfan's actually gotten some pace back lately.
Lots? Who?

And when has anyone said to give up on him? Just don't blame mismanagement for Pathan's woes. Its only partially the case.