• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, was wondering the same thing. Maybe keeping him fresh for the Tests?
Glad to see I'm not the only one baffled by O'Brien's non-selection (or dropping). Has been our best Test seamer & 2nd best ODI seamer this season IMO

James

Cricket Web Owner
He's still in the squad though - presumably he'll be picked ahead of Thompson, who will be 12th man. Will be worried if that's not the case.
About time Thompson got a game IMO. Given the performance of the bowlers so far this ODI series, I don't see why he isn't worth a go.

R_D

International Debutant
Yeah I can't speak for everyone here, but I believe most of the people who were angry at India (and particularly Munaf) in this thread were aiming their frustration at a lack of intent, effort and desire rather than ability.

Yuvraj and Raina ARE good fielders, Munaf DOES have bowling talent... but they weren't putting in the effort required.

Doing your best is all you can ask, and if you're not good enough, you shouldn't be selected... but you shouldn't be insulted either. However laziness is unacceptable, and whilst Yuvi and Raina's sloppy fielding at times were very poor, they batted well, and returned to field well later (both had run outs). They're well-rounded players, so a word in the ear about fielding well from ball 1, and that's fixed.

Munaf however, adds nothing else other than his bowling. So when he's not doing that right, and when it looks like he's not trying to, his head should roll.

---

To change topic a little, any word on Sachin's injury?
Agree with this... its so frustrating watching Munaf bowl. It never seems like he's even putting an effort just trudling to the crease and swinging his arm just for the sake of it.

If he's so worried about getting injured.... right now is probaly a good as time as any to move onto another career.

Flem274*

123/5
Could you imagine...!
:-O
Well if they had taken the advice of the radio I meant...

MMR will be spitting about Thompson (tbh apart from Thompson and to a lesser extent Ingram (whom I rate out of Taranaki bias :p) we pretty much agree, so dunno why he found it a surprise to agree with me :p) but I think its a good pick, if anything, pace off the ball will be handy.

Mixmasterreece

U19 Debutant
MMR will be spitting about Thompson (tbh apart from Thompson and to a lesser extent Ingram (whom I rate out of Taranaki bias :p) we pretty much agree, so dunno why he found it a surprise to agree with me :p) but I think its a good pick, if anything, pace off the ball will be handy.
He deserves a shot based on his performances of late, but for mine its a cumming or sinclair selection - players you know who can dominate the domestic game but dont have the tools to foot it on the international stage.

I look forward to seeing him "take the pace of the ball" giving Sehwag adequate time to pick out which seat in row 19 he's going to put it into to.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
About Sachin's injury, the news isn't very encouraging. Sources told NDTV that he won't play the fourth ODI, and is in doubt for the fifth.

After his comments on this Indian batting side being the best he played with, this is a good time to prove him right. Questions still remain on the ideal choice of replacement, and frankly, Rohit Sharma seems the best choice. Coming in late in the order, he can get a chance, at least, to turn the strike over and play the role of a support batsman, and maybe he'll also get a score over 50. With the main bowlers found wanting on a flat wicket and the part-time rubbish impossible to cover up, a fifth bowler may be needed, but among the existing options, Yusuf's bowling still hasn't been used enough. Either he bowls all of the ten overs or he sits out- presently, he's neither here nor there. On these flat pitches, you can bench him for Ojha (in this squad) but that won't be fair when he's not been used for the position for which he was picked.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
So, rain forecast for tomorrow in Hamilton. What an enormous surprise.
The Metservice is predicting showers to clear tomorrow afternoon with a "strong southwesterly" easing, so it sounds like the weather should be fine for the majority of the match.

Evermind

International Debutant
Good. Who cares about ODIs, it's better he rests and is fit for the Tests.
Yep. Especially an ODI series that India can't lose from here. I'd be really pissed off if he comes back for the 5th ODI and worsens his injury and has to sit out the tests.

In other news, I agree with a poster above that NZ have been far too respectful of the visitors so far. You could see it clearly in McCullum's enromously deferential post-match interview from the last game. I don't know why it's like that - it's not usually like the Kiwis to be like this. They have a very good chance of beating India in the tests, and I would not be surprised if they did win.

Howsie

International Captain
I'm going to the game tommorow and I'm pretty certain it's ment to clear up by 8-9. The rain that's coming isn't anything bad we will get a full game.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yep. Especially an ODI series that India can't lose from here. I'd be really pissed off if he comes back for the 5th ODI and worsens his injury and has to sit out the tests.
Thought you hated the Indian team?
In other news, I agree with a poster above that NZ have been far too respectful of the visitors so far. You could see it clearly in McCullum's enromously deferential post-match interview from the last game. I don't know why it's like that - it's not usually like the Kiwis to be like this. They have a very good chance of beating India in the tests, and I would not be surprised if they did win.
Pretty sure you said NZ would win, not you wouldn't be surprised if they did.