• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
JAMEE'S ASHES FIRST TEST ELEVEN

Andrew Strauss (captain)
Alastair Cook
Kevin Pietersen
Paul Collingwood
Ravi Bopara
Matthew Prior (wicket-keeper)
Andrew Flintoff
Stuart Broad
Graeme Swann
Monty Panesar
James Anderson
They won't play 2 spinners. So, Frontbottom for Panesar.

Daryl Harper

School Boy/Girl Captain
Absolutely deserved by WI insofar as any side bowled out for 51 and then fails to finish the job in Antigua deserve nothing. Great day's play though.

Pondering the winners & losers in England's side this series ..

Winners - Strauss, .
:laugh: Yeah, came out of it a real "winner"

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
JAMEE'S ASHES FIRST TEST ELEVEN

Andrew Strauss (captain)
Alastair Cook
Kevin Pietersen
Paul Collingwood
Ravi Bopara
Matthew Prior (wicket-keeper)
Andrew Flintoff
Stuart Broad
Graeme Swann
Monty Panesar
James Anderson
see this is what i dont get about england fans and their board .they have a return series coming up and they are talking about the ashes .I thought losing this series might have given you guys some perspective but apparently not.anyway good luck with the ashes.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
see this is what i dont get about england fans and their board .they have a return series coming up and they are talking about the ashes .I thought losing this series might have given you guys some perspective but apparently not.anyway good luck with the ashes.
Fair point I suppose. But if we're being really honest the Ashes is what most of us have been really looking forward to ever since we recovered from the thrashing in early 2007.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Interetingly the Malcolm Marshall trophy has now been won the last 3 series by Ashley Giles, Monty Panesar and Greame Swann...not the names you would expect eh?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Was it that series? Thought it was the one after that.

The '66 series wasn't originally planned, was shoehorned in on a dual tour, after the realisation that WI were actually rather good following the '63 series.
pretty sure it was something to do with the 100th edition of Wisden