• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

WindieWeathers

International Regular
No. He doesn't have banning powers.

You can see, others can't. Your vision is poor, others' isn't.
Whether he has banning powers or not they've apparently "checked me out" and i'm clean, so your gonna have to keep wishing i'm afraid, as for your other comment i'll digress that as it's simply more playground tactics.

NOW COME ON WI!!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Am pretty stumped at Gayle's captaincy today. He was on the defensive from the get-go when a few early wickets could've completely changed the situation. I also felt Baker should've bowled more (even though I was correct in predicting he would take four poles for the match). Completely baffles me.

Also sending out poor Simmons to open seems a very poor move on a few levels, most of which are obvious and have probably been commented on.

ALSO, Matt Prior's wicket-keeping is on par with one Neil Pickup I feel.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Also sending out poor Simmons to open seems a very poor move on a few levels, most of which are obvious and have probably been commented on.
Gayle, Smith and Simmons are the only openers West Indies are playing this Test. Would seem odd to send anyone else out to open if Gayle wasn't going to himself.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Am pretty stumped at Gayle's captaincy today. He was on the defensive from the get-go when a few early wickets could've completely changed the situation. I also felt Baker should've bowled more (even though I was correct in predicting he would take four poles for the match). Completely baffles me.

ALSO, Matt Prior's wicket-keeping is on par with one Neil Pickup I feel.

Well Pickup doesn't hold the world record for byes in a Test match.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Gayle, Smith and Simmons are the only openers West Indies are playing this Test. Would seem odd to send anyone else out to open if Gayle wasn't going to himself.
This isn't a normal situation though imo. Not how I would've looked at it anyway.

Going to be an enthralling last session anyhow. Am excited.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
This isn't a normal situation though imo. Not how I would've looked at it anyway.

What would you have suggested for this occasion?, Sarwan to open maybe?, imo this is probably heading for a draw but if our batters start to open up then who knows, we might just sneak another win :cool: , but England's spinners are looking dangerous i must say.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Normal? What sort of situation could possibly excuse denying the opener the chance to open with a non-opener preferred?
I'm not entirely sure it is. Will require a couple of early wickets (like, 2 in the first 5) for that I reckon.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just cannot see the sense in Anderson bowling here. Especially if he's going to bowl short and over-the-wicket. If he was going to bowl he had to bowl full from around.

This is just a waste of overs.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Monty has been unlucky so far this innings and this match, I would not be surprised to see him end up with two or three.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Dave Extras playing a blinder here. Should be the Windies captain. Sure, some would argue it's a statistical contrivance to count sundries, but I bet it would set better fields than Gayle.

Seriously, Prior's keeping must've reached new low.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Looks out to me.

Taking out middle and off.

EDIT: Well, off anyway, if Hawkeye is to be believed. Chanders gone now, regardless.