• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
How many really good series has Lee had? 3 or 4?
Statistically? Quite a few really.

Cricinfo Statsguru - B Lee - Test matches - Bowling analysis

His first 3 were superb, then a bunch of crap, then 2005 against the West Indies he started to mature into a true test class bowler, the following SAF series he has poor figures but bowled much better than those suggested, followed by an amazing return series, followed by the aforementioned 3 series run over the last few years.

Johnson's had two in a row against the one opponent.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Nice play Australia, you've found a few good cricketers to help you on your way.. A well deserved win.. At least I won't have to waste five days of my life watching the next test.

I'd be pretty insulted if SA win the next one after being so utterly hopeless all series (except yesterday)

Last edited:

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
I'm quite ok with the idea of McDonald in the ashes. There are several others who should be ahead of him, form and fitness permitting, but if he does play, I can see his style of bowling being quite effective in some English conditions, and to date, he's performed the role asked of him very solidly.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
We'll pay for Midge's drop there. Steyn to ton up and hit the winning runs off the last ball of the Test. :ph34r:

[/standard negativity]

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Statistically? Quite a few really.

Cricinfo Statsguru - B Lee - Test matches - Bowling analysis

His first 3 were superb, then a bunch of crap, then 2005 against the West Indies he started to mature into a true test class bowler, the following SAF series he has poor figures but bowled much better than those suggested, followed by an amazing return series, followed by the aforementioned 3 series run over the last few years.

Johnson's had two in a row against the one opponent.
That opponent being the number one contender with an excellent batting line.

Plus a credible series in very difficult conditions in India against the other clear top contender, who has an excellent batting line up.

Plus he's six years younger than Lee, a lot fitter, and a lot more mentally in shape at the moment (it would seem). Hypothetically, Lee in his early 2008 peak might be as good or better than Johnson is now, but realistically, in terms of who is going to be the better bowler in June 2009, or dates afterwards, I can't see how you'd doubt Johnson would be.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Woot! Great series win to Australia! Revenge is a dish served straight away with a double helping.

Katich trying his best to screw up my predictation of Steyn for Mitch's 100th wicket...