• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Clarke, like Ponting, is an excellent fielder who's worked hard to turn themselves into a slip. Our infield fielding has declined because we've been forced to move them there, and they are not real replacements for excellent natural slips like Taylor, Mark Waugh, Warne and Hayden.

Slips are now our biggest fielding liability.
Been that way for quite a while

Remember the 7/8 catches we dropped when beaten by India at the WACA last year - was the difference between winning and losing

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fair play to Haddin, looks like he may have learn't from the stumping incident last month

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fair play to Haddin, looks like he may have learn't from the stumping incident last month
Cue a dozen people to come in and say he should have known it hit the ground without waiting because they keep for the local 5th grade team and they would have known if they were keeping. :sleep:

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
?

Assuming your trying to say Watson isn't good enough for test cricket? fffft.
Nah, tongue in cheek Watto love tbh. Reckon team balance issues will be a hell of lot easier if Watto can stay fit and hold down #6.

Hughes
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Watson
Haddin
McDonald
Johnson
Siddle
McGain

actually looks ok to me. Clark in for McDonald if he's fit, obs.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Cue a dozen people to come in and say he should have known it hit the ground without waiting because they keep for the local 5th grade team and they would have known if they were keeping. :sleep:
Lol, I've absolutely no problem whatsoever with his request for that to be checked, but your probably right that a few members from the donkey piss-heads XI may complain

inbox24

International Debutant
Now that Siddle and Johnson have come good (although I'd like to see them play on a few more roads), we will have a fairly decent pace quartet when the regulars return from injury.

Lee
Johnson
Siddle
Clark

The only shame is that we'll probably never see them all playing in the same game with the selectors "allrounder" obsession. What a waste.

Evermind

International Debutant
Now that Siddle and Johnson have come good (although I'd like to see them play on a few more roads), we will have a fairly decent pace quartet when the regulars return from injury.

Lee
Johnson
Siddle
Clark

The only shame is that we'll probably never see them all playing in the same game with the selectors "allrounder" obsession. What a waste.
That bowling attack will absolutely murder England. I'm putting at least $100 on Aus winning the Ashes.

oldmancraigy

U19 12th Man

Lee
Johnson
Siddle
Clark

Johnson at 8 and Lee at 9 still gives plenty of batting.

If the selectors wanted a pace quartet, you could do much worse as an 8-11 lineup than those 4 (see South Africa's bottom 4!)
At least Johnson and Lee average over 20 in test cricket, Siddle isn't awful with the bat - looks like a career 15 kind of guy. And Stuart Clark would be in the grand final for best number 11s in the world.

their test averages combined would be about 75... One could do much worse!!

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member

Lee
Johnson
Siddle
Clark

Plus the fact that spinners are, correctly, considered useful. Assuming they're better than Krejza or Hauritz.

Lee and Clark not being fit are a more pertinent likely hurdle.

Top_Cat

Plus the fact that spinners are, correctly, considered useful. Assuming they're better than Krejza or Hauritz.

Lee and Clark not being fit are a more pertinent likely hurdle.
Bigger question mark over Lee's form, for mine. There's no way he should slot back into the side.

inbox24

International Debutant
Krejza (despite the 8fer) and Hauritz are definitely not useful. I can't see any international team picking them, they've got no long term use unless they improve massively. We'll just have to wait for the next big or half big thing to emerge, the current crops are dead.