• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

inbox24

International Debutant
Another failure from Owais Shah, good job son. Hopefully the Windies can nip out a few more and send the Englishmen into panic stations.

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
It's no reason to give an obvious out n\o or vice-versa. But IMO, batsmen should get the benefit of the doubt; bowlers when bowling at tailenders should get it. Simple as. I don't watch cricket to see tailenders hanging-around or slogging runs; I watch it to watch batsmen batting. Always happy to see tailenders disposed of quickly.
Surely that's your preference rather than a legitimate, logical opinion. Because it's completely illogical.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
It's no reason to give an obvious out n\o or vice-versa. But IMO, batsmen should get the benefit of the doubt; bowlers when bowling at Australians should get it. Simple as. I don't watch cricket to see Australians hanging-around or slogging runs; I watch it to watch batsmen batting. Always happy to see Australians disposed of quickly.
FYP. :laugh:

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
All about cricket should be on what people want to see.

Just depends on who the people you're considering are - whether they're the rabble or the true conniousseur.
And yet, from memory, you were fairly supportive of West Indies' utterly negative approach to this test match despite the fact that it was obviously going to lead to the type of cricket - at least when England were batting - that nobody would want to see.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And yet, from memory, you were fairly supportive of West Indies' utterly negative approach to this test match despite the fact that it was obviously going to lead to the type of cricket - at least when England were batting - that nobody would want to see.
He was happy enough with their selection but i don't think he agreed with bowling Brendan Nash with relaxed fields from the first session.

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
He was happy enough with their selection but i don't think he agreed with bowling Brendan Nash with relaxed fields from the first session.
Fair enough, but that selection was always going to lead to Nash/Gayle/Hinds bowling to defensive fields from a very early stage.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If you can suggest a way of making some sort of rule about selection, I'd be delighted to hear it.

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
If you can suggest a way of making some sort of rule about selection, I'd be delighted to hear it.
Are you drinking tonight, Richard? It can often be difficult to spot the logic in your arguments, but tonight you don't even seem to be trying.

It's got nothing to do with rules.

If I were you I'd leave the sardonicism to people who can do it better, put down that bottle of Blue Nun, and really apply yourself to the debates at hand.

Either that or log off and get rat-a**ed.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Are you drinking tonight, Richard? It can often be difficult to spot the logic in your arguments, but tonight you don't even seem to be trying.

It's got nothing to do with rules.

If I were you I'd leave the sardonicism to people who can do it better, put down that bottle of Blue Nun, and really apply yourself to the debates at hand.

Either that or log off and get rat-a**ed.
I'd love to have been drinking for the last 3 hours, but sadly today it's a rare Monday when I'm not. I am, however, feeling a little ill, so perhaps that accounts for my relative lackadaisical-ness.

But it has everything to do with rules. "BOD to batsman"; "BOD to bowler". No similar thing can be ruled that "a team must approach every Test attempting to win".

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, Men At Work Down Under played at West Indies vs England. ITSTL.

Almost as interesting as David Gower's description of it as "the disco system". :laugh: